Poets & Poetry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got back from such an *AWESOME* experience with the oregonpoets.org (sponsoring group) & feel so RE-inspired!! It was such a great experience because of the authenticity of the poet readings and the appreciation for the art. It felt like a lot of like-minded people gathered and enjoyed the readings. It was such a lift.

I wanted to know if any of you are poets, too & if you have any inspiring experiences that you want to share on this thread. Also, am hoping anyone can share of publishing opps/contests that were good experiences for you.

I thought I would check out our library's edition of the Poet's Market for some places to send some of my pieces. Lastly, I would love to hear about any favorite sites that you feel inspired by. One site that I just chanced upon was poets.org.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2008, 05:59 PM

hi there ! i'm a poet too. I've been performing my stuff for about 4 years now, and it's taken my work so much further. Thats what inspires me - hearing good poetry performed, and doing it myself, and just feeling part of an amazing thing. I'm lucky that where I live is very culturally diverse and there are always cool things happening, like outdoor poetry festivals etc.

i also think poetry groups are a great thing, my regular tuesday night group has been wonderful...the feedback is so important, and to hear other peoples' stuff. are you part of a regular group? I cant make meetings anymore as i have a young baby but i'm ok with that for now.

I have a poem coming out in an anthology on 'goddess/woman' themes very soon, which I'm excited about. At the moment though am not writing much new stuff, mainly re-working old things and concentrating on my novel and non-fiction writing.
#3 of 3 Old 05-23-2008, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi. I don't have a local group, but am inspired to try to find one. I live in a small town. I believe that it would help hone the sound of the piece being able to read it aloud & get input. Congratulations on your piece being published. How exciting! I have a NF piece that I'm reworking, too, but all my writing sounds so "metered," so it's hard to make it sound differently.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page