Mamas, I need your love. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Things have been so absolutely crazy lately.

I'm expecting number 2 in Jan or Feb, and the LO is a handful. He's down to 2 SHORT naps, and DH works a late night shift, which is really the most inconvenient time in the world. He works 3:30 to midnight, which means I'm on childcare from the first thing in the morning until he goes to bed at night.

No time to write.

How do you find the time and energy?

I need some encouragement. I'd like to start doing articles, etc., but just... CAN'T.
#2 of 9 Old 06-18-2008, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
*hugs* I have a hard enough time writing with one easy baby and a normal-working-hours DH! (Much less, you know, cleaning the house...). Ask lisarussell--she has SIX girls and manages to be a prolific and proficient writer. I can only assume she made a pact with the devil, or has a team of ghostwriters, or something...

I write when Rowan's nursing and/or asleep. Not sure how well that would work for you with an 'extra' toddler to look after as well, though! Judicious use of Pixar?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#3 of 9 Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 AM

Hugs to you! Don't be hard on yourself. Dp works shifts (often from 3:00 pm too, as your partner does) and there's no regularity in our lives, so I just write after DS goes to bed (about 7pm) for an hour or so. Often he wakes up every 10 minutes so that can be a v frustrating process! But I've found that sometimes I just needed to switch off and relax, or have an early night, esp as my nights are still very broken. I've also found it helps to just take a notebook around everywhere (u might do this already) and jot down ideas, brainstorm, mind maps etc, at any free moment - e.g. if i'm out with DS, he falls asleep in the buggy or sling and I can grab a few minutes. THat way , when i finally sit down to write, I have more of an idea of where to go, and its more time efficient. But it is tough with a little one.
#4 of 9 Old 06-18-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
*hugs* I have a hard enough time writing with one easy baby and a normal-working-hours DH! (Much less, you know, cleaning the house...). Ask lisarussell--she has SIX girls and manages to be a prolific and proficient writer. I can only assume she made a pact with the devil, or has a team of ghostwriters, or something...
Does anyone have the devil's phone number? I won't tell him/her you gave it to me. I promise.
#5 of 9 Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

If you do come up with the Devil's number, pass it along when you get the chance.

I feel frequently frustrated too but DD gets better as she gets older. She just turned 3 and she will play with her dollhouse while I sit on the couch with a notebook. I had bought a desktop for my work but now I am saving up for a laptop to work while I am in the room with DD. I have also found it helps to not always have my attention divided.
#6 of 9 Old 06-18-2008, 09:34 PM

Childcare

Sandi - Work at home writer mama to Zoe the monkey girl 9/06 and Luna the zen baby 8/08
#7 of 9 Old 06-19-2008, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvsquared View Post
Childcare
Oh, how I do wish I could afford childcare.
#8 of 9 Old 06-21-2008, 04:14 AM

the devil's number is...

Just kidding. really, my kids keep each other busy. and they play outside a lot. they really just need me to help them wipe sometimes and tell them to stop fighting every few hours. I;m useless otherwise
#9 of 9 Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

I still find that amazing. Mama, you're a supershero.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page