New Here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I'm new to this website and forum but wanted to post a quick 'Hello' to introduce myself.

I'm a full time working Mom to Sam (22 months) and part time single mom. My husbands job takes him out of state 2 weeks of the month. I have always wanted to be a writer since grade school, but you know how life can get in the way. I Recently picked up the pen again and am determined to pursue my passion. Imagine my excitement when searching for a forum dedicated to mothers whose husbands travel, I found the Mothers Writing Group instead.

My interests are diverse. I enjoy dirtbiking, photography, politics, sewing, crocheting, history, poetry, reading, music, landscaping, computer software, cooking, volunteering, and a score of other areas as well.

While most of my recent writing has been childrens books, I have officially started my novel and have rough finished the first chapter. I was published once in 6th grade, but have never submitted since. Hopefully, with your inspiration, I can overcome my fears and submit again.

Looking forward to getting to know you,
Chelli
#2 of 3 Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Hi Chelli and welcome

I hope you will tap into the wellspring of creativity here, there are some talented mamas here

You might want to also check out the journaling thread in the Personal Growth forum.

See you around,

Kelly~

Whatever will be, already is...

#3 of 3 Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM

Hello and welcome. Sounds as if you have a wide variety of interesting topics to plug into for your writing inspiration

I'm also writing a novel, am about 30 pages into the second draft. It's pretty tough going at the moment, what with a 9 month old and other writing projects (non-fiction mainly). I've also written two children's books but no luck getting them published yet. What are yours about?

As for overcoming fears in writing, if you've not read her already, I highly recommend anything by Natalie Goldberg. ALso Julia Cameron. My writing wouldn't be where it is today if not for those two. I also highly recommend a regular writing group for feedback and support and inspiration.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page