Associated Content Writers Stop in Here! (Nov/Dec) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone still writing for AC? www.associatedcontent.com Any newbies out there?

**PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!**

From Heather's Original Thread for AC:
In accordance with the UA, please adhere to the following rules: Please do not post links to your Content Producer page or your articles, in your posts or signature. Please do not spam users in private with these links unless they have asked. If someone asks you for a link, send it to them in a private message. Swap links only in private and when solicited.

You may tell us when you have a new article posted and what it is about, but again, do not link it. There is no need to say "See my CP page for it" or "PM me for a link" and so on to self-promote, because we all know that we can check your CP page or PM you. Keep self-promotion to a minimum. All we need to know is that you wrote something new and what it's about, and if people want to, they will take the initiative to find the peice and read it. Telling us the exact name of the piece is not recommended, because that's about the same as posting the link.

Welcome to the Writing At Associated Content Thread! We love to have newbies, just join in!

Everything above from Heather's First AC Thread is important, so please read and understand!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you would like the link to the yahoogroup please PM ErikaLeigh

WELCOME

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 11-21-2008, 06:28 PM

Okay, I'll start. I've only written two articles, but would like to know what the average upfront pay you all get is? Any thoughts?
#3 of 24 Old 11-21-2008, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

welcome! :

$4-5 is the norm. sometimes more, sometimes less..(And then page views too, but those don't add up much until you get lots of articles up and promote if you are into that)

#4 of 24 Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned

I am writing for AC still -- mostly embarrassing (to me), pandering articles I think will fetch the highest offers

I am answering a lot of "calls for content" recently, so they are a fast write and fetch a couple bucks.
#5 of 24 Old 11-21-2008, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

I am still drawn to AC for quick cash (though Helium marketplace and Demand Studios pay is better) I can still whip out an article for AC in 20 min or something on some random topic I am researching for personal reasons! love it! I am at 80 published items. Hope to get it to 100 in the next couple of weeks!

#6 of 24 Old 11-24-2008, 05:02 AM

I am still. LOL I hadn't done anything for AC in at least a month and today I submitted 3 articles. They are current events articles though so I just submitted as DO and I'm hoping for page views. I've done several articles that way lately I have one article on Hurricane Ike that has almost 10,000 page views. Amazing. I flew through clout 4 in 3 days. Now I need 2000 more views to reach clout 6. It would be pretty cool to finish off the year by reaching that. My goal that I set earlier this year was to reach clout 5 so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
#7 of 24 Old 11-24-2008, 05:16 AM

hi! i just joined ac last week and i've written 3 articles but i'm still waiting for them to be reviewed....it would be cool to be able to get paid for writing, but i'm not getting my hopes up for a lot of page views. i'm not sure anybody is interested in what i'm interested in writing. it's usually op/ed and everybody's got an opinion, right?

s momsling.GIF - JW asl.gif writing geek.gif wifey to j aaman.gif  (11/03) and cd.gif  homeschool.gif  knit.gif sewmachine.gif read.gif mommy to s dreads.gif (10/04), l kewl.gif (8/08), j diaper.gif (8/09), and little s boc.gif (12/12)

#8 of 24 Old 11-24-2008, 10:48 PM

So, today I finally submitted an article to AC after a long, long break (uh, like a whole year ) I'm thinking I should have clicked PV only because I have no clue how long it will sit in the queue before being published. It's a bit time sensitive since it involves visiting santa but I suppose as long as it's live before christmas it will get a few hits.

That was my 100th article and I am at a clout 8 with 167K pageviews total. Even though I haven't written anything new lately I still get a little bit of $ each month from AC.

Hopefully this motivates me to submit a bit more often even if they pay so low now, it's still fun.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#9 of 24 Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned

I am writing holiday type pieces because they are very quick, get a couple bucks,and get okay page views.

I am kind of confused on the clout thing. I am at 4, what does that mean? I have written about 21 pieces so far under this account (I had another one but closed it).
#10 of 24 Old 11-25-2008, 02:29 AM

Clout is a combo of your page views plus the amount of articles you have written. Here's an article that breaks it down, though it still confuses me

I hope I can link it since it's not mine! I just did a quick search there and it popped up.

#11 of 24 Old 11-25-2008, 05:43 PM

one of my articles was finally published!!! : it's about conserving and what that really means and doesn't mean.... of course, after i wrote it and published it, i saw that there are a lot of articles about the same thing. so much for originality...: anyway, any of you know what kind of stuff gets the most page views?

s momsling.GIF - JW asl.gif writing geek.gif wifey to j aaman.gif  (11/03) and cd.gif  homeschool.gif  knit.gif sewmachine.gif read.gif mommy to s dreads.gif (10/04), l kewl.gif (8/08), j diaper.gif (8/09), and little s boc.gif (12/12)

#12 of 24 Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 PM

yay, zebrachick!! I usually search AC for my topic before I even start writing to get a feel for what has already been published.

#13 of 24 Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 PM

good idea! i already have 4 other ones waiting to be reviewed, but i'll definitely do that before writing the next one...thanks!

#14 of 24 Old 11-26-2008, 04:16 PM

I've written for AC for a while. Because I am not in the USA I am not eligible for the upfront payments but as you get more articles under your belt the payments per veiw can really add up. I just wish I had posted all my articles to them as I have some on other databases that now have over 10k veiws each, which would have translated into a few dollars into my account at least by now.
#15 of 24 Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 AM

so I got an offer for a whopping $4.67 today. AC sure did pay better a year ago. It's okay though cause it took me less than 20 minutes to write up 3 paragraphs about places to visit Santa in my city. Also, my pageview bonus is now at $1.60 per 1k hits so hopefully I get a couple clicks.

#16 of 24 Old 12-07-2008, 02:01 AM

Have only submitted three articles. They took about 20 minutes to write- one I did about a year ago and did not submit for upfront payment. The other two I submitted recently and got $3 for one and $4.03 for the second. I may spend a day popping out some articles tomorrow!
#17 of 24 Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 PM

I just popped out two more articles today. Planning on doing another tonight. AC is easy
#18 of 24 Old 12-14-2008, 10:49 AM

Two questions, and I apologize if they have been asked to death: how long are articles, and is anybody making any money? I don't mean how much per article; I mean overall. Does it make a difference? Grocery money? The electric bill?

I am trying to quit my job, esp. if I get preg. soon, and I am trying to see if it's even possible to cobble together my salary, or close to it (not just from this). I signed up and have several articles I have already written ready to go.

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

#19 of 24 Old 12-15-2008, 11:53 PM

If I submit an article for upfront payment I usually get between $3 and $4.50. I've submitted a number of articles lately as display only (DO) so it's only for page views. I do ok on some of them and not at all good on others.

Overall I think if you can devote enough time to writing that it's like a full-time or nearly full-time job you can make a living at it. (at least that is my impression) I get to write 4-5 hours a week so I make very little at this point. I'm reaching a point now with the kids' ages that I can devote a little more time and I'm trying to find better paying outlets and begin to build my resume. I'm lucky in that I don't need a salary right now (although it sure would be useful). That allows me to go slowly and build things up as I go.

article length: for AC I try to make articles 400-700 words. It has to be at least 400 words, but you don't get paid to make it worth it to make it much longer than that. I had one thing I wrote that was around 1600 words so I divided it into 4 articles and added an intro and conclusion to each one to reach 400 words. That made me a more money off of it.

Somebody who makes more money will be along I'm sure to give you a better answer, but that's my experience in getting started on this track.
#20 of 24 Old 12-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Banned

I just logged in to AC and realized I have not submitted an article in almost a year. I think I am going to try to create a couple fresh articles and see what happens.
#21 of 24 Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzannah View Post
Two questions, and I apologize if they have been asked to death: how long are articles, and is anybody making any money? I don't mean how much per article; I mean overall. Does it make a difference? Grocery money? The electric bill?

I am trying to quit my job, esp. if I get preg. soon, and I am trying to see if it's even possible to cobble together my salary, or close to it (not just from this). I signed up and have several articles I have already written ready to go.
Some people do make a good amount with AC. Especially those with over a million page views. BUT it's hard and not very likely for the average CP.

They used to pay a lot better. Like $8-15 per article. But they also didn't have the page view bonus program at the time. Once that got under way I guess they lowered the upfront payment, which sounds like now is closer to $3-5ish per article. Depending on key word density and ad alignment, etc. of course

So, if you made $4 per article and could write 2 an hour plus over time generated enough hits you could make enough for say groceries and a couple bills. I wouldn't count on earning enough to say pay the mortgage, BUT if you were submitting content to more than one site, it could be possible.

The key is writing evergreen articles that will bring you consistent page views. But if there is a flood of similar info already out there on the web, the chances are that much lower of getting a ton of hits.

If you search articles related to making money writing for AC there is some good info. Some CP's who have experimented with how many and how much time it took to make a living wage. OF course, it takes time to build up a good amount of articles published, plus promoting, the ability to write what they are looking for and what will bring people to AC, etc....

Definitely check out the forums over there, lots of helpful advice.

#22 of 24 Old 12-16-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

It's possible to make money. You just have to submit alot of content. Good luck! Glad to see some other AC mamas here!

#23 of 24 Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM

I submitted three articles Sunday morning, all of which needed to be reviewed (two were published previously, and one was a call for submission). So far, nothing,. How long does it take?

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

#24 of 24 Old 12-17-2008, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzannah View Post
I submitted three articles Sunday morning, all of which needed to be reviewed (two were published previously, and one was a call for submission). So far, nothing,. How long does it take?
sometimes it can take over a week. sometimes just a few hours.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page