At Home Montessori - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2009, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there such thing as a at home montessori school? Or a fairly cheap montessori? I am a single working and student mommy needed full time care for my DD but ordinary daycare is not what I want for my little alternative family. Anybody have suggestions in the Fort Worth/Arlington,TX area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM

I have heard of home-based Montessori day cares; that said, I have no idea how closely they follow to the method. And I don't know of any in your area -- sorry!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM

I don't have any suggestions for your area, but to answer your other questions...
There are home based Montessori situations. It is sometimes easier (less expensive, really) to have a small Montessori home center rather than rent a large commercial space; in CA, a lot easier to get the licensing for a home daycare than a large daycare center (faster, cheaper), etc So, I have seen a number of home based Montessori programs.

How closely they follow the philosophy will depend on the training they have had (if any) and how they choose to implement it (which would apply to schools as well, not just home daycare settings). The name Montessori isn't trademarked, so anyone can call themselves a Montessori school or daycare.

User Tag List