I have a dilemma. My dd is in a private M school right now and she's been offered a spot at a public school. If this were two months ago, I'd have jumped at the ps spot without a doubt. The problem is that she's been offered a 4 year old spot, but she's doing her K year in the private school. The decision to make this her K year wasn't finalized until the end of the summer (if she had been born literally 2 days earlier, the default for both schools would have been K this year). She did really well last year in most ways, but wouldn't communicate with her teachers. We gave her a few weeks off and then put her the summer program. Well, after that she completely opened up. She was very talkative, completely relaxed.
I hate to pull her out of a place where she's already comfortable - I'm afraid that she'll withdraw. On the plus side, she'd be considered a 4 year old and therefore there'd be less pressure. But if she's really ready for K, it doesn't seem to make sense to hold her back.
Ideally, she'd finish K at the private school and then go to the public M school. But it's a lottery each year. We can't afford to send both dd's to the private school through elementary. So this could be the only chance (for both of them) to get a M education.
Help me put this in perspective. Is it too disruptive to move her now? Or should the future benefits be a factor in the decision?