Sonnie McFarland - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 07-04-2010, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently had the extreme honor of attending one of Sonnie's workshops and meeting her (she friended me on Facebook, YAY! ) and she left me speechless and in awe. It's like Maria Montessori herself was speaking through her and directly to me. It was like discovering the new world. ::sigh::: I have been so incredibly lucky that my oldest daughter was guided by the most amazing Montessorian at a public charter Montessori school this year. She used a lot of Sonnie's activities in "Honoring The Light of the Child" such as the awareness of the love light and the silence game and just being in the moment with Sonnie and watching her speak was truly one of the most "a-ha" moments I have ever had about children and Montessori. It made me feel so proud that my DD has become such a "peace keeper" and talks almost daily about how her love light is feeling. Sonnie also presented her "Web of Life" activity which helps to give the children an awareness of the importance of caring for our earth and.....WOW! I really left wanting more (I would love to see how the "web of love" is presented) and if anybody ever has a chance to bring her to your school for a workshop, you will NOT be disappointed. I think every parent of a child in Montessori should take one of her workshops. It will change your life.

p.s. She has a new book coming out specifically for Montessori parents called "Montessori Parenting: A Guide to unveiling....." (can't recall the rest of it)

An incredibly thankful SAH Mommy to 3 fiendishly enchanting girls 11/04,10/05, & 12/06. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 AM

Isn't see amazing?  I saw her at the Boston AMS conference.  I left the conference crying in awe.  I love her :) 

Jessie:  Mother of 3 daughters, 2006 and twins 2008.

AMS Trained Montessori Primary Teacher, M. Ed, and Homeschooler.....life is good!!!

#3 of 5 Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 AM

I never met her personally, but her passion for peace education and the work she has done is legendary in the Montessori world. I rank her up there as Montessori Legends that I did get a chance to know.

#4 of 5 Old 01-29-2011, 10:09 AM

She's currently the AMS Living Legend.  You may still get the chance, Matt.  Well, geography may make that tough ;)

Jessie:  Mother of 3 daughters, 2006 and twins 2008.

AMS Trained Montessori Primary Teacher, M. Ed, and Homeschooler.....life is good!!!

#5 of 5 Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM

Notn necessarily. She was here in Changhua about a year before I was.
I say bring her back to Taiwan.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page