Daughter starting Montessori tomorrow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. So excited to find this board. My first baby is switching from a general daycare to a Montessori school, she is 21 months. I know this will be a great place for her to be, but sad to be leaving a place that took such good care of her as an infant. I'm hoping she transitions ok. I feel slightly bad taking her out of a place she is so happy. She's bonded very closely with her caregivers. Her moving on just feels like a big transition for me. I guess I'm surprised to feel this way. Well I look forward to talking to you all about montessori soon!
#2 of 3 Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 AM

Totally understand where you're coming from.  My DD was in a Montessori-based daycare until she turned two, and then went to an actual Montessori school.  In fact, she'll be finishing her third year at the school next week, and will be starting a new school in the fall.  It took her a few weeks to adjust to the regular Montessori school.  I have a feeling that the transition in the fall to a new school will be the same, but we think it is best for her at this point.  I really do think it was harder on DH and I than it was on her.  It is hard to imagine new bonds being formed (with teachers and friends) when the old bonds were so strong and valued. 

Good luck with the transition and welcome to Montessori!

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
#3 of 3 Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks CatsCradle for the kind words!

Just got to work after dropping her off. Spent about an hour with her to help familiarize her with the new school. It was really hard to leave this morning, but I'm so excited that she is starting at Montessori. I think it's going to be so good for her :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page