Mothering Forum banner

Asked to coordinate a Montessori parent "Meet and Mingle"... looking for great ideas

Tags
montessori
613 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  linn7799 
#1 ·
Our DDs attend a brand new Montessori charter (50 or so kids, grades K-4). The principal has asked me to coordinate a meet and mingle for the parents. Any ideas on what would make this a hit with adults and have a Montessori theme? Something fun and social but still perhaps a bit educational maybe? I am open to any and all ideas!

Thanks,
M

#2 ·
No experience here but a couple of thoughts... I'm thinking the most important thing with a "meet and mingle" gathering for a new school would be to open up the lines of communication between the staff and the parents. I would go to the principal and teachers and ask "What are the most important things you would like to communicate to the parents?" And focus on communicating these key points. Also on trying to make the channels of communication as clear as possible - ie. who should a parent go to for information, administrative issues, if problems come up and what sort of contact/feedback can they expect from their child's teacher and so on. Also try to give suggestions on "How do I find out more about Montessori?" and if possible, have some pamphlets or other material available. For a meet and mingle format, I would resist overloading the parents with lots of information and focus on communicating the most important things.

Good luck - it sounds really exciting!

Caitlinn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.