Montessori Marh Club For Public School Kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My kids (1st grade) used to be in Montessori, and likely would have stayed if we could have afforded it, and if we could have found a school that wasn't 90% white kids.  Anyway, they now go to our neighborhood public school, which overall is great.  I want to supplement their math, though, with some Montessori.

I thought it might be fun and more enticing for them if we started a math club at their school.

So, I want to use Montessori materials for the club.  But I want to make it club-like and extra fun.  Any suggestions?

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't see that anyone else has responded to your idea to have a Montessori Math Club. I applaud you!

You found Montessori, value it, and want to share it. Yeah!

I would suggest finding a Montessori teacher that could coach you and others that want to present to children.

You might encounter opposition from some that resist putting the materials into "untrained" hands; others will love to help you.

There are sources on line that describe the materials and presentations. There are catalogs online where you can buy the materials. Sometimes you can hand make materials. At one point I was very industrious and I made my own number rods! I had to have wood specially cut, then I painted and varnished them.

Note: There are those that are making an effort to advance Montessori. I, for one, try to track online those that endeavor to advance Montessori in the public sector. 

Best,

Tags
Montessori

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page