Signs of readiness to move from Toddler to Primary - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi-

Any insight would be most appreciated.  My daughter just turned 2 1/2 and her guide thinks she is ready for primary at 2 years and 9 months (the first they are allowed to go).  I'm not so sure.  She still has a few accidents and verbally just isn't there yet.  I love her guide, but I am wondering if she is getting pressure from the admins to make space in her classroom or something.  Anyway - anyone have any insight as to signs your child is ready to move up?  Thanks!

#2 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm not sure what the signs are but when we moved from a supposedly Montessori school into a real one this January they put my son into primary at 2 years & 5 months and he has just blossomed.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#3 of 4 Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you Neonalee!  That is helpful.  My DD was born 7/28/2010 so our DC are about the same age.  I guess I should trust them to know what they are doing.  She's my baby and seems so young to me.

#4 of 4 Old 02-13-2013, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Regarding accidents, it seems that they really do well following the behaviors of the older kids. Also Ds just had his first accident at the new school/older class and they handled it fine. At this young age they/teachers should be able to handle it without problems. We keep 3 sets of clean clothes there.

It's also good for them to see what the older kids do & stretch towards that. I bet she will be fine:)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse to typos!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

Tags
Montessori

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page