Mothering Forum banner

Benefits of a floor bed...

Tags
montessori
703 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  clairebear3 
#1 ·
I hope this is the right forum for this.

I am new to Montessori and have only just started exploring it the last few days and I was wondering what the benefits of a floor bed are? DD just turned one, she doesn't sleep through the night and when she wakes she often stands holding on to the bars. The just can't quite walk and sleeps in a sleep bag so I have visions of her getting tangled up roaming around the room. The cabinets are massive with doors so she def couldn't get into them or pull them over but we do have a video baby phone and I've no idea how I could keep her away from the cables.

I get that it helps to fostering Independence if LO's can reach their own cups and plates and have a select range of toys but what is the benefit of having wooden toys over plastic? They look dead cool but I'm not sure whether my DD's plastic non electronic toys are all that bad? She has a Vtech talking book and baby walker, are they really not a good idea?

I've looked at our local library but there are no books about Montessori and I don't really have the budget to get any at the mo so can anyone recommend a few practical websites and blogs for some tips?

I'm (hopefully :) ) going to be a SAHM so I have the time and inclination to starts mixing things up a bit here, we have a really small house so I would love to simplify and declutter some of DD's things.

Soft bears and material blocks and things are on the OK list then?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.