Need some good advice and opinions!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-04-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello there!...I have to make up my mind fast and need to hear some opinions on the matter...

First off, this is all new to me!  I have a 2 year old son that is quite advanced for his age and could really use some extra stimulation.  I am in love with everything a Montessori school has to offer and would like to enroll him in the local montessori for Mondays and Fridays in the am.  He would be in the "seedling" program which is for kids from 18 months to 3 years.

Financially, this is a stretch for us... especially because he isnt even pre-school age yet.  I explained this to the women in charge of the school and she told me that she offers a tuition exchange and needs an assistant for Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30-1:30.  I told her that I could definitely help on Mondays but would rather my son have at least one day without me being there.  She emailed me back saying that she might be ok with me just helping on mondays but still has to ask another mother who might be able to work both days...(Having the same person is, of course, ideal)

here is my question...I can definitely afford one day of the week for him without me being there....2 days will be too expensive for me. Should I just take her offer and assist for the 2 days of the week that my son is there or does being there with him defeat the purpose?  Is one day sufficient?  Will me being there only add to his experience?

#2 of 2 Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

I think maybe be there just one day. Maybe that's all the time your son needs. Or,maybe you will see that he loves loves it and either afford another day a bit later or be available to volunteer another day? I dunno. I hope I helped. Good luck!

Tags
Montessori

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page