New Charter Montessori and Questions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-18-2005, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is going to be a new charter montessori in my area. I don't know a lot about Montessori yet, but I am learning. What are the best websites that people recommend to learn more about Montessori?

Are there any people out there who started with a new Charter Montessori? Obviously every school is different but I'd be very interested in people's experiences.

My husband is happy with the traditional school system, so it is going to be difficult to get him to try something new. My son is in Kindergarten and for the most part he is doing fine. But I worry about him starting first grade and having to sit still for so long in a traditional classroom. My husband thinks that he needs to learn how to sit still.

It is so difficult to raise children when we have such different opinions.

I just want something more for him.

Any ideas?

Thank you. Collette
#2 of 2 Old 05-05-2005, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My children attend a Montessori Charter School, and I LOVE IT!! What could be better than free Montessori?!!

While it's good to learn about Montessori, you should also research charter schools. The charter school system is different from both private and traditional public schools, so it will do you well to know what to expect.

The biggest difference from trad school is lack of full funding. The biggest difference from private school are the regulations that must be followed.

We are currently in our 3rd year as a charter. Our school was private and recently converted to public. The preschool/kindergarten programs are still tuition based though.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, but in short, our experience has been wonderful, and I reccomend it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page