Montessori Certification - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Guys!!
I have an opportunity to get AMS certified for age 3-6, this summer in a six week intensive program. Then I can do my intership phase at the same school that my DD will attend, she is age 3. I will not be in her class, but in the same building. Sounds good huh ?? Why am I so crazed then !!
I think it is because we have been so AP up till now, doing so well with all the phases of childhood, but the six week course is 8am-5pm, so I will need to arrange care for my dd. My DH is helping! he said he will watch her in the morning till he goes to work and then drop her off at Montessori aftercare for the last 4 hours 1:30-5:30. That is over her naptime. He feels she will adjust. We need to speed up toilet training abit and some other issues like that. I guess I am just nervous about leaving her there for six weeks every afternoon and changing her routines so drastically (naps, meals etc). Hope I am not making a mistake and DD is not ready for this. My DH says this is too good an opportunity to pass up, as I have wanted to get this certification for a while. I said I could wait another year or two if I had too.

Just needing to vent that out. I hope to give it a try. Wish me luck !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-22-2005, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hello! Congratulations on this opportunity! My guess is that at age 3 your dd will do fine, especially since it is not a huge amt. of time and plus she will probably have lots of neat things to do. It is very hard to leave our little ones for the first time, no matter what their age is. Bravo to you!

#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2005, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where is this summer program? I live in Grand Rapids Mi and looking for a program like this? Thanks.
-Jenny

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page