Teacher Training - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-04-2006, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have been really looking into becoming a montessori teacher and have been looking at the different schools. We are in Utah and can't really move for another 2 years until dh is done with his school/job training. I noticed today on the Montessori site that there is an on-line home study program for training. Have any of you done/ know anyone who has done the program?
Of course I would love to go to a school and get hands on experience, but I think this would be a great opportunity. Anyone?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-05-2006, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been looking into training recently as well. It really depends on what you plan to do with the training and how involved you want the process to be. After looking into it, the most highly regarded and internationally recognized programs are AMI training. They do not reccomend distance learning. AMS training is also considered quite good, but may not be recognized in as many schools as AMI would be. There are a variety of other training programs out there, some good, some not so good. The problem is that the name Montessori is in the public domain, so anyone can use it. You should talk with graduates of the program you are looking at and see if they are happy with their training, what the job opportunities are like, etc. You might want to see if they are accredited with a trustworthy association as well. HTH!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page