Could anyone loan or rent these videos to me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-02-2006, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have a copy of any of the following videos, would you be willing to either loan or rent them to me? I will pay for shipping and everything, and any rental charge you'd like to place on them, but I would rather not buy them because I need to save my pennies for setting up Montessori in our home.

The videos are...

Apple! and Let Me Do It! (Two videos, possibly on one tape) by Karin Salzmann

Montessori Under Three hosted by Silvana Montanaro and Judi Orion

and

Starting From Year Zero about the Takane Nursery and the Narkita Children's House

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-02-2006, 04:06 PM

I think Montessori Under Three, is the one I had which has been renamed. Unfortunately, I must have misplaced it or loaned it out, if I find it, I would be glad to send it out to you.
Are you interested in seeing the NAMTA video: At Home with Montessori?

(edited to correct name of video)

My sweetie and I have a lovely little lady 07/02 and 3 cats
#3 of 5 Old 06-07-2006, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Do you think that the video _Montessori at Home_ would be worth your trouble of sending it to me, given my posts and the things you and I have discussed? If you think so in your expert opinion, I would like to. How much would shipping be, do you think, and do you have a loan charge? How long could I keep it for?

And hey, if any of you have those other NAMTA videos, I am still looking!

~Sierra

#4 of 5 Old 06-08-2006, 02:27 AM

Are you looking for a view of the learning apparatus for Toddlers? The video At Home with Montessori subject matter is supplemental to the learning community. This demonstrates more about theory and environment rather than the didactic materials.
Children cooking pancakes, making lemonade, cleaning dishes, washing hands, feeding pets, sleeping on low beds, washing windows...
Great discussion about confidence, independence, analysis of movement. How to help the child learn in small steps, letting him take over as he is ready. How to set up child centered areas in each room. The need to walk in nature.
My dd is in it! She was 20 mths. at the time, she set the table, ate a snack, then cleared her dishes but all that was included was the cleanup (I think the lighting wasn't right in the kitchen) She also shows washing hands in the bathroom and working in the office as well as listening to a story and going on a bike ride!
This is the liner:
In this partner DVD to NAMTA's booklet At Home with Montessori, seven families and their young children demonstrate the importance of thoughtful parenting utilizing Montessori principles. These adults are in love with parenting and naturally include their children in household and leisure activities. C. 2004.
If you are interested, I'll send it! PM me with your address. (no rental fee, just postage)
Another great video you can get from Joyful Child (Michael Olaf) is "The Wonderful Twos". It shows children from 0-3 in Montessori Infant Communities in Japan and USA.

My sweetie and I have a lovely little lady 07/02 and 3 cats
#5 of 5 Old 06-08-2006, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds like it would be great to see...I PM'd you!

Thanks,
Sierra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page