Mothering Forum banner

AMI or AMS Affiliated Schools?

948 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  nkm1968 
#1 ·
Or does it matter? Thoughts please, thanks.

#2 ·
I don't think there is a huge difference. I have been to an AMS-accredited school that I wouldn't trust with my DOG. I have also seen AMS schools with excellent reputations and happy kids. Right now, DS is at an AMI school and I am thrilled, but I wouldn't use that as a sole criteria for excluding other schools. Even at DS's school, there are some teachers that are better than others.

#3 ·
I've had kids at AMI and AMS and to me, it is more about the director/directress in your child's potential classroom than the affiliation per se; I've seen extremely gifted as well as extremely awful teachers, and a lot of "in the middle" from both types of training. I have switched schools to move dd2 from the potential of having an "awful" teacher to having an awesome teacher at her current Montessori school, but there are 2 teachers at that school that NO WAY would I ever recommend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.