living crafts - Mothering Forums
1 2 
Waldorf > living crafts
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 01:55 PM 11-29-2008
might belong in the craft section too, but i had to tell you all how excited i am that i finally found a copy of this magazine! and they honored a 50% off coupon even if they weren't suppose to.. so instead of $5.99 i only paid $3 for it..: a gal i know at michael's called me to tell me it came in. they hadn't carried it before but i kept bugging them so they finally ordered it...hehe ::: now i know what you all are talking about when you talk about the magazine. it's awesome!!

FillingMyQuiver's Avatar FillingMyQuiver 09:14 PM 11-29-2008
YES!!! I just got my first copy last week after calling 6 or 7 stores.

I think I'm going to ask for a subscription for the holidays or my b-day ion March.

I'm making my 2 kiddos the hobby horse on the cover and the knit snowmen. Then, I think I'll eventually knit them some farm scapes
counterGOPI's Avatar counterGOPI 11:09 PM 11-29-2008
isn't it great cat? i love it. i can't wait to pick up my copy saturday and start on the snowman!!

btw your patterns went out today in the mail :
FiddleMama's Avatar FiddleMama 01:14 AM 11-30-2008
I just picked up a copy of Living Crafts at Michael's and I LOVE it. I am going to be starting in on a couple of the farm scapes right away- the apple tree and the sheep.
KJoslyn78's Avatar KJoslyn78 01:30 AM 11-30-2008
UGH - i so have to call my Michaels tomorrow and see if they have it!! I totally forgot this issue had more farm stuff in it!
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 02:53 AM 11-30-2008
definitely doing the snowmen for the girls and then after the holidays starting the farm stuff. they have a wood barn and animals, so that will be perfect for them, even if it's just a few of the ones from this issue until i can actually knit a full playmat.. i'm just stoked on all of it....:
MamaBirdEmma's Avatar MamaBirdEmma 03:05 PM 11-30-2008
Since I can't knit (yet!), I handed my copy over to my sister so that she could work on a farm play mat for my little ones as their joint Christmas present. I am so excited about it!!
annettemarie's Avatar annettemarie 05:54 PM 11-30-2008
I scored my copy on Black Friday with a 50% off coupon. I really need to subscribe.
Zuzu822's Avatar Zuzu822 07:46 PM 11-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBirdEmma View Post
Since I can't knit (yet!), I handed my copy over to my sister so that she could work on a farm play mat for my little ones as their joint Christmas present. I am so excited about it!!
Oh, I'm so envious! Can't wait to see it.
counterGOPI's Avatar counterGOPI 11:31 PM 11-30-2008
im still not done with my farm playmat : im at the end just have to fix 2 squares and felt it but i haven't picked it back up in a month now
RollerCoasterMama's Avatar RollerCoasterMama 04:24 PM 12-01-2008
I kept seeing it written about and found one at Joann's yesterday. NOW I GET IT! I want to do every project in there!!! Definitely want a subscription and I will definitely be saving the magazines for future use! Those farm scapes are adorable!!! And I like that they promote some familiar and awesome etsy stores.
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 04:48 PM 12-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3901sca View Post
I kept seeing it written about and found one at Joann's yesterday. NOW I GET IT! I want to do every project in there!!!

i feel like that too! :
Mama2E&O's Avatar Mama2E&O 05:08 PM 12-01-2008
I finally had to subscribe to this since I could never find it! I am so glad I did- this magazine is awesome!
kghaffar's Avatar kghaffar 05:57 PM 12-01-2008
I was thrilled to finally find it too (after trying several book and craft stores!)

I Love it and can't wait to get started on some projects. I asked my IL's for a subscription for Christmas.
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 07:30 PM 12-02-2008
i am getting the fall and summer back issues, along with "the apple cake", "the story of the snow children", and "old mother west wind and 6 other stories" for me and the girls thanks to a very dear friend who sent me an amazon gift card! : i'm so excited!!
RollerCoasterMama's Avatar RollerCoasterMama 08:16 PM 12-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by catballou24 View Post
i am getting the fall and summer back issues, along with "the apple cake", "the story of the snow children", and "old mother west wind and 6 other stories" for me and the girls thanks to a very dear friend who sent me an amazon gift card! : I'm so excited!!
amazon has back issues?????
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 10:22 PM 12-02-2008
they have the summer and fall 2008 back issues right now.. i can't wait for them to arrive!!!:
counterGOPI's Avatar counterGOPI 12:23 AM 12-03-2008
woo hoo cat! youre going ot love everythin you ordered!! we love the apple cake and i cant wait to get our 'the story of the snow children' out of storage for the winter!
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 02:06 PM 12-03-2008
the book inspirations i got from you ni!
mommabeehilly's Avatar mommabeehilly 08:37 PM 12-03-2008
speaking of my new favorite magazine....
countergopi had said that the farmyard pattern was in the first issue of living crafts. does anyone know how i can get my hands on it?
also i know that folks got together and knitted several of the same section and the swapped....is anyone interested in doing this?
where is the swap forum anyway? sorry....lots of questions ::
Zuzu822's Avatar Zuzu822 08:55 PM 12-03-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabeehilly View Post
countergopi had said that the farmyard pattern was in the first issue of living crafts. does anyone know how i can get my hands on it?
also i know that folks got together and knitted several of the same section and the swapped....is anyone interested in doing this?
I heard Amazon has back issues, but I bought mine here: http://www.achildsdream.com/handwork...king/books.htm
mommabeehilly's Avatar mommabeehilly 09:01 PM 12-03-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu822 View Post
I heard Amazon has back issues, but I bought mine here: http://www.achildsdream.com/handwork...king/books.htm
ooh thanks zuzu...this is helpful!

anyone want in on this?
kennedy444's Avatar kennedy444 01:28 AM 12-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabeehilly View Post
YOu can order back issues through the publisher too.
aliah79's Avatar aliah79 04:19 PM 12-10-2008
Do the magazines have those subscription cards in them - and if so do they offer a better deal on a subscription than through amazon?
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 05:08 PM 12-10-2008
hey steph! go to their website...they were running a special but i don't know if it's still going on.... livingcrafts.com
aliah79's Avatar aliah79 05:29 PM 12-10-2008
I must have missed it! I don't see anything

Did you get in on it?
catballou24's Avatar catballou24 05:32 PM 12-10-2008
no...no money to speak of...but i did get 2 back issues along with my current one with the gc michelle gave me.. i'm hoping my mom takes the hint and gets me a sub for xmas..
mrsalf97's Avatar mrsalf97 06:10 PM 12-10-2008
It really is a great magazine.
JoyAnne's Avatar JoyAnne 11:56 PM 12-10-2008
I love the "craft a story" feature- so inspiring- and so does my son! He looks for it right away now and was so sad the winter issue didn't have one- although he is happy to keep having the hedgehog story for a while longer!
mommabeehilly's Avatar mommabeehilly 01:59 PM 12-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliah79 View Post
Do the magazines have those subscription cards in them - and if so do they offer a better deal on a subscription than through amazon?
i subscribed from their site it was $16. livingcraft.com enjoy!
1 2 

Up