All Year Round vs The Children's Year - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two books?
Do you recommend one over the other?

I am looking for crafts, songs and celebration ideas. We are a secular/pagan-ish family if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance
Karen

Blessed partner to a great guy, and mama to 4 amazing kids. Unfortunate target of an irrationally angry IRL stalker.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ Buddha

#2 of 7 Old 12-12-2008, 06:56 PM

I have All Year Round and while it's certainly a volume I'll hold onto, I haven't found is helpful as I hoped it would be. It is definitely written from a British perspective and seems to emphasize Christian church festivals and observances.
#3 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All Year Round sounds like what you're looking for. The Children's Year is a collection of projects and handwork, some for mamas to make for children and some for mamas and littles to make together, for each season. All Year Round has songs, recipes, stories, verses, etc.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
The Children's Year is a collection of projects and handwork, some for mamas to make for children and some for mamas and littles to make together, for each season.
oooh could you tell me a bit more about this book, I have Festivals, Family and Food.....is it similar or more craft orientated?
#5 of 7 Old 12-14-2008, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Definitely more craft oriented. All it has is crafts.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#6 of 7 Old 12-15-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

Karen

Blessed partner to a great guy, and mama to 4 amazing kids. Unfortunate target of an irrationally angry IRL stalker.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ Buddha

#7 of 7 Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 AM

I like Family, Festivals and Food too

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page