Waldorf Homeschoolers Group - Portland, OR - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-07-2009, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Location: In the mountains, under the redbuds, smelling the roses.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As I am a homeschooling parent in Portland Oregon, I am hoping to form a group of other local homeschooling families interested in Waldorf methods so that we may meet regularly, now that the weather is warming up. Our kids can mingle and hopefully we can put on some of those special community-building group events eg. seasonal celebrations (maypole, lanterns walks etc.) that kids at waldorf schools can be a part of. Perhaps a craft or too as well.

This is a great town to be a waldorf homeschooler. Let's whoop it up!

Please PM me if you are interested.

om.gif

homeschooling mom to 2 pisces & 2 sag

homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg 

#2 of 6 Old 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM

Hello- I am considering homeschooling for my 1st grader next fall- we are a waldorf family and have been for many years-  I am interested in finding support, groups, curriculum, tutors and other resources for waldorf homeschoolers.  Let me know if you have some ideas!  Thanks- Usha

#3 of 6 Old 07-29-2012, 09:33 PM

Hello! Okay, so I notice you wrote this comment three years ago---I am slightly tardy---but I too am looking for Portland Waldorf homeschoolers. Any ideas for how to meet and connect with likeminded families? My girls are 5 (nearly 6) and 2 1/2, so we're still in kindergarten stage, and we live in close-in NE. Thanks!

Mindy, mom to Harriet (b. 10/12/06) and Baby No. 2 (due 12/27/09)
#4 of 6 Old 04-24-2014, 09:09 AM

We are moving to Portland in the Fall and I am hoping that some Waldorf HS group has been formed? I currently HS my 1st grader and next year will be k/1 and 2nd graders.

#5 of 6 Old 08-19-2014, 10:43 PM

Looking to find or start a Waldorf Homeschool group in PDX

I live in the Portland, OR area and I am hoping to find or start a Waldorf homeschool group in our area. It would be great to have the support of one another and for our kids to be able to participate in the Waldorf group activities that require a community of Waldorfians, such as a rose ceremony, lantern walk, advent spiral, May faire, and maybe even a class play. Let me know if you are interested. If you already know of such a group, please let me know how to contact them.

Thanks!

~Andrea
#6 of 6 Old 09-16-2014, 11:22 PM

I'm in Portland and I have a 3 year old who is attending a small 2 day waldorf preschool in Sellwood! She itches for the social interaction so I signed her up for the year, but we may homeschool next year depending on how she does. I also have a baby due in February. How old are your children? I'm still very much interested in a Portland area playgroup if nothing else!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page