outdoor toys for Waldorf? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 07-18-2009, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my husband is, as I type, *hopefully* picking up a truck load of large tree stumps with our neighbor for our son to crawl around on, sit on, make sand pits in between. Keep your fingers crossed.

We're leaving for a week, so we'll need to arrange it after we get back, but I'll try to post some pictures as the play area evolves.

Me:
#32 of 41 Old 07-18-2009, 03:41 PM

We had an "inland hurricane" a couple of months ago and it was like hitting the tree stump lottery. We incorporated logs all around our large sand pit for tables and seats, we have a log table with four stump chairs, my husband sliced some large logs up and made balancing steps, and we put some more logs on their side in our little vine house.

We're not sure what to do when they rot, but the kids are having a blast with them now. No more gigantic wind storms though, you can keep those.
#33 of 41 Old 09-26-2009, 11:46 PM

:
#34 of 41 Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 PM

Did anyone ever find the wooden Brio wheelbarrow?

Also, what are your thoughts on the recycled milk jug plastic dump truck? To me, it seems like anything metal is going to rust outside...and we're outside almost 12 months a year....

recently a friend gave me her son's brio blocks. Our only plastic toy (oh and the Step2 blue car which was also a gift). Anyway, I've decided that the brio blocks will go in his outside playhouse...perfect solution! 

#35 of 41 Old 03-04-2011, 03:30 PM

if you have an outdoor playhouse, what do you put in it? Because we have a wooden kitchen inside, and table and chairs in side. So what do you suggest for a wooden playhouse outside? mine is under the swingset/climber and so it's not waterproof, so I was thinking of sunbrella bean bags? It's kind of dark, too, so???Need suggestions to make this a special place. I like the idea of a carpet and creating a porch/entryway. but inside is where I am stumped!

thanks!

#36 of 41 Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM

i am going to be creating a simple banging wall, inspired by soulemama

http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/2005/05/our_banging_wal.html

#37 of 41 Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

I typed a long reply the other day and apparently it didn't get added, oops! 

When I wrote this I was living in a completely different type space; now we are living right outside Manhattan in a very urban neighborhood. We are blessed though, to have a pretty decent (for the area) sized backyard with a peach and fig tree, and garden. This year I'm going to have a "children's garden" for DD and DS (he will be too little to really "get it") and I'd love to try and find some stumps to put in our sand area so that there's natural seating, and inspiration. I also found some wooden beams under our deck so I'm going to make a balance beam area...hopefully it all works out! I'd LOVE to have a wooden playhouse but that's not an option right now 

Oh, and def going to make a mudpie kitchen : ) 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#38 of 41 Old 03-12-2011, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

We are finally going to be able to make our yard kid accessible this year.  Broken glass and the like made it unsafe, as well as having no fence.  We are in a not so great part of the city and this will be our second summer here.  Like another poster, last spring, there was a storm that felled many trees.  We were driving by when we saw the city crew cleaning up.  I told my husband to "Pull over!"  We'll be using those stumps and others we got the same way to make a border for the kids' sand box and to have for them to climb over and build with.  We went to the Flower and Garden show last weekend and bought seeds for planting our first garden to be planted in raised beds.  We are also adding to our butterfly garden.  So exciting!

Similar to our daughter's school, we'll also have a tree swing and maybe a ladder.  My husband wants to build a house for them.  The one at school is empty.  We probably won't put any furniture in it either.  

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#39 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM

Hello,

This is a wonderful forum.Thanks for giving out all the information people. I have a 3 year old girl and I am planning to get a small playhouse for her, so that she can have fun with her friends in the outdoors during the spring season. I would love to have your suggestions on what type of playhouse would be the best and do let me know it's approximate costing as well.

:)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for nice toys: Children's Outdoor Toys and  Outdoor Toys

#40 of 41 Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM

I am planning on getting this (as a birthday present) and putting it in a patch of the garden we aren't planting to keep DS close by and occupied while I weed:

http://stores.cedarringcircle.com/-strse-855/Sandbox-Backhoe/Detail.bok

Love the free shipping!

#41 of 41 Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 PM

Hi -- I am interested in the outdoor playhouse you posted.  Great playhouse!!  Did you custom build that or buy is somewhere?  Where did you buy it?  I look forward to your reply, with kind regards

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page