Waldorf school to Catholic school? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help! My children have been at our local Waldorf school for 8 years. My husband wants to send our children to a Catholic School where tuition is half. Also, he doesn't think our Waldorf school is academic enough. I am worried about the increased work load and homework load. My children love school now and I don't want that to change. There is also a sports program at the Catholic school, which the kids would love.

I am absolutely conflicted about this. Does anyone have any input or things to add that we may not have considered? Your insights are most appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-22-2009, 12:01 PM

Since the children love their school, I would have a really hard time with this. I think it would be good to visit the proposed school with the children so they could see it, and you could see whether you could envision them being happy there.
If they have been at the W school for 8 years, are they almost finished there? It seems like you've already made a commitment and an investment, good luck with your decision!

so many roads to ease my soul...

#3 of 4 Old 08-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Id have a sit down with your husband and go over the pro's and cons of both schools after going to tour the new one. Good luck!!

#4 of 4 Old 08-22-2009, 12:54 PM

You don't say what grade your children are in, but assuming it's a middle school grade, around here the waldorf school gives significant homework in grades 6-8. In fact, the middle school years are very different at our waldorf school, and overall 8th graders leave and are very successful in a range of school situations post-waldorf.

In fact, when my three went from waldorf 8th grade to catholic ninth grade, we saw no increase in work load (at least one of the kids had a definite decrease).

Good luck! David

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page