Waldorf doll kit recommendations - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everybody

I am looking for a good pattern to make a waldorf doll to DD. I am confused as there are so many kits available!
CAn anybody recommend anything? I am looking for a child tpe doll, one that DD will be able to bring everywhere, well, the typical Waldorf doll I guess...

I cannot wait to make that for her!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just recently bought a fantastic book that has lots of great toy ideas, including simple instructions on making a Waldorf doll. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Play-...2370649&sr=8-1

I LOVE this book. So many wonderful ideas!

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05
#3 of 4 Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 AM

My mom made a doll for both ds and dd from the Dancing Rain Dolls kit. The instructions were at times a bit difficult to understand (and with a number of typos). In the end, though, we felt they turned out really well. We did the Snuggles doll for dd and the Friendship doll for ds.

Ds never really took to his (partly I think because he had already developed his own proxy through his stuffed cat) so now dd has both. She *adores* them both so very much so I still think it was worth it.

DRD's having a back to school sale through Sept 14, 15% off purchases of $40 or more (sep09bts) if that might help. We bought the kits, but also got the pre-made heads as they seemed far too daunting.

#4 of 4 Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 AM

I Second a friendship doll from Dancing Rain Doll kits. I found it easy to make (1st time I've made a doll) and I liked the patterns for the clothes, although I needed help putting the peasant shirt together. I am not a seamstress at all.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page