Autumn Nature Tables - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 10-08-2009, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love the leaf garland as well! (and what a beautiful blog you have mum2be!)

We finally started getting Fall weather around here and we put together our table today

I found so much inspiration from everyone's photos here... thank you!

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#32 of 46 Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 AM

oh my.... i love that little wooden squirrel!!! Is that one of the buntspeche (ok, i know I'm way off on the spelling there) figures???

The applique from your exchange is awesome too... and looks like something even I could pull off... hmmm.....

Rebecca, wife to a hardworking PhD student DH and mama to one sweet girl (3), four angels in heaven, and joyfully welcomed our baby boy January 2010! blog link in profile
#33 of 46 Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 PM

#34 of 46 Old 10-10-2009, 02:15 AM

Wow, everyone's nature tables are so cute and tidy!

We just started this idea in our home, but for us its really it's just a place where we collect the "treasures" that we find when we're outside. It's just a jumble of fun stuff.

Is there some philosophy behind what should be in a nature table? (My DD is only 19 mo old, so we're really just dipping our toes into all of this, but a nature table seemed like a fun thing to do.) So far we just have a few pine cones, a few acorns, a piece of straw that she particularly liked, the cap from a very nice acorn that we used as a whistle, that sort of thing. There aren't any felted anythings on our table (which are super-cute, btw), and no candles at all. Are there some specific approaches to why those things are on your tables, or are they just there because they're fun and fit the theme?

Thanks for all the ideas!
#35 of 46 Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 PM

i am SO motivated to set up our autumn table now!! these photos are really inspirational. i just love all the hand-made items (especially that leaf garland- i think we might have to do that one today!) and the different manifestations of the season.

thank you thank you thank you

eh. who needs a signature?
#36 of 46 Old 10-10-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaptek View Post
Wow, everyone's nature tables are so cute and tidy!

We just started this idea in our home, but for us its really it's just a place where we collect the "treasures" that we find when we're outside. It's just a jumble of fun stuff.

Is there some philosophy behind what should be in a nature table? (My DD is only 19 mo old, so we're really just dipping our toes into all of this, but a nature table seemed like a fun thing to do.) So far we just have a few pine cones, a few acorns, a piece of straw that she particularly liked, the cap from a very nice acorn that we used as a whistle, that sort of thing. There aren't any felted anythings on our table (which are super-cute, btw), and no candles at all. Are there some specific approaches to why those things are on your tables, or are they just there because they're fun and fit the theme?

Thanks for all the ideas!
I think what you are describing sounds perfect. Everyone does it differently. Our table always has a Mother Earth felted figure on it, but other than that I really try to keep it as a reflection of the season by displaying things we've found outside. Right now ours has osage oranges, a big piece of bark, several leaves, pinecones, and a few rocks. There's no "right" way to do a nature table -that's what's so great about them.

A happy woman
#37 of 46 Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

It's been a whole two years since this thread was updated, but I think it's time!

With autumn settling in to the Northern Hemisphere once more, what do your nature tables look like?

P1000278.JPG

Mine is making the transition from late summer to early autumn. I have sunflowers in a metal pitcher from Michaelmas, and black bearded wheat. Nestled in the gourds are my first few autumn leaf findings: ginko leaves whose edges are just tinged yellow, and green ash leaves that were the first to fall in my neighborhood. Looking on is my funny buri brush squirrel, who gets to experience all the seasons on my table.

#38 of 46 Old 10-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Here's ours:

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

#39 of 46 Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 AM

What a beautiful and inspiring thread! Thanks for finding it, knittygritty, as I know I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Here is our table:

Waldorf Inspired Nature Table

everyday adventures of a CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, natural living, fiber artist mama
#40 of 46 Old 10-05-2011, 03:31 AM

Those wooden mushrooms are very sweet!

#41 of 46 Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 AM

Thanks, appalachiamama! I was lucky enough to be approached by GingerLittle on Etsy for a trade and I am In LOVE with my little mushrooms. She has a really wonderful shop -- very talented and everything is well made. (It was hard to decide what I wanted!)

I love the pumpkin on your table. Is it made from glass?

everyday adventures of a CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, natural living, fiber artist mama
#42 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 AM

Thank you!  It is made from glass.  It holds a small candle or tea light in the middle. 

#43 of 46 Old 10-10-2011, 02:36 AM

Here's a little peek at mine:-) This is my first time posting here so I hope this goes ok...

http://mommychick.typepad.com/mommychick/2011/10/autumn-nature-table.html

I'll have to take a better picture of the whole table!

#44 of 46 Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 AM

I love all the felting and the root babies are too cute!

#45 of 46 Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 AM

That is a very sweet table!  Great job with the needlefelting!

#46 of 46 Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Your nature tables are all beautiful! I am just loving looking at them all. I do a little one for myself, but can't wait to share one with children some day.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page