Evi dress-up dollhouse dolls - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi... I am wondering if anyone has these, and if so, do they stand well? I would love to buy them for dd for Christmas, but not if they're a challenge to make stand like the Plan Toys dollhouse dolls. We have the PT farmer and farmer's wife and they make her crazy! Any input is appreciated... thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM

We have a couple of the Evi royalty dollhouse dolls. The feet are wood, covered in velour cloth, so they can stand, but not rock-solid like a solid wooden or plastic toy would. I don't have any of the Plan Toys dolls to compare them to, sorry. The important thing is that the wired legs are sturdy enough--we've had several small fairies from Magic Cabin lose their poseability because the legs came unwound or the wire fell out of the socket.

"For me, You have created the skies scattered with stars...and all the beautiful things on earth." ~St. Maximilian Kolbe
#3 of 4 Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 PM

We have the Evi dress-up dollhouse dolls and love them.  They stand up fine so far.  The Plan Toys ones drove us nuts, too.  The feet came off and they seem to be made much cheaper than the Evi.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#4 of 4 Old 11-30-2010, 06:59 AM

hi, we have a family of evi dolls and the girls love them! Here is what they look like unclothed incase you want a better look at how they're constructed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25641871@N08/3918865907/ 

I have just stood one up on the table, and it stands up well just be shaping the legs the corretc way. Hang on, I will try it on the carpet for you...yes, it is fine standing on carpet too! I have never seen the plan ones so I can't compare. These ones are beautifully made and sturdy too if thats any help!

A UK Waldorf blogging mama!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page