Does your home look Waldorf inspired? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 01-14-2010, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
recently, i covered the bookcases with fabric to eliminate the visual clutter of book titles.
Do you have any pictures or a how-to inspiration on the covered bookcases. I think that sounds like a good idea for one room in our house. I have a LOT of books!

Blogger/Quilter + Homeschooling Mama to Aria (9) and Liam (7)
StitchedinColor.com

#32 of 36 Old 01-16-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes everywhere except for the big flat screen that "Santa" delivered DH for Christmas. hmmmm... Luckily, it does not go on until after bedtime. LOL

Little Acorn Learning - Celebrating the Seasons with Children - Monthly Guides for Homeschool and Childcare - Visit Our Website and Our Blog
#33 of 36 Old 01-16-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racheleuphoria View Post
Do you have any pictures or a how-to inspiration on the covered bookcases. I think that sounds like a good idea for one room in our house. I have a LOT of books!
I'm not Gunter but I did this in our office nook, which is in our family room. I just took a rectangular piece of fabric and hemmed it to the inner dimensions of the bookcase plus about an inch in length. Then I just tacked the surplus to the inside bottom of the top. I used plain natural duck since that's what I had and our slipcovers are the same fabric. It looks nice with the natural wood, I think, but it's definitely more of a rustic-y look than modern.

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#34 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKelly View Post
Your home sounds amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldorfknitmama View Post
Where in the world do you live???? Your home sounds so amazing and wonderful!!! And 80 acres???? Unbelievable!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Right now I am just dying of jealousy. Dying. Feel like selling around the $70k price range?
Thanks! We are in rural Maine on a really crunchy peninsula. Many of our friends have lots of land and live in off-the-grid houses they built themselves. We aren't off the grid, but we did RE-build our house (It used to be in Massachusetts; it was dismantled and we put it back together up here) on the land we bought cheap from an old back-to-the-lander. It's a pretty unusual area. The Waldorf school has a significant presence and lots of families homeschool. So most of our friends homes are quite Waldorfy. We love it here.
#35 of 36 Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 AM

a friend of mine lives in a gorgeous straw baled home with other Waldorf artisans... the rounded curves are amazing, I want to move in!

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#36 of 36 Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 PM

Not really, unfortunately. We moved into this house thinking we were going to get hardwood floors put in but due to medical bills we won't be able to. So we're stuck with ugly carpet throughout. At least it's neutral colors. And although we have TONS of windows - we have to keep them curtained most of the time due to energy loss as well as the fact that the darn neighbors are like thirty feet away in any direction and can easily look in. (Which means we have darn little outside space too.) We kept the original paint colors except for DS's room which we painted a warm peach that he picked out. Some of the walls are neutral/beige but others are bright - the kitchen is a happy red, our bedroom is a deep ocean blue. The real estate agent fell over himself apologizing for the "bad taste" the previous owners had and said we could paint over it, but no, we love it. We'd also like more plants out - right now we have a few FAKE plants but that's cos the kiddos are still in the "ooh dirt I must eat it / play in it" stage. Maybe in another year or two we will be able to have more plants than just in out-of-the-way places. ANd maybe one day we'll be able to move Daddy's big-screen TV that he uses for gaming somewhere out of sight...

In the meantime what we DO have that is Waldorfy is a nature mantle (not a nature table because the kids would destroy it) that we decorate seasonally, some gnomes and window decorations here and there, and lots of free space and decluttered areas. We try to have a soothing atmosphere, with a candle lit at all times and just a slow pace. I think that although our house is not very Waldorfy in general we try to cultivate the same SORT of atmosphere, although we have different elements to work with.

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page