A day in a Waldorf 2nd grade - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello All

I was hoping someone could give me some examples of what a day is like for a first or second grader at a Waldorf school.

I am looking at a local charter school that is Waldorf inspired and will be visiting the school but, was hoping I could gain some more insight from some of you.

Thank you very much,

Megan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is in class one and the day for them is pretty much the same as for class 2.
Bear in mind though that I am not in North America so it may be different there.

My daughters day begins at 9am when the class starts with morning verse and a bit of movemnet to get them settled.
The first part of the day is then taken up by main lesson. This week they are working on numbers. In the past they have done letters, reading and writing.

Main lesson goes until 11:00 when they have a snack and outside playtime.

After outside they have two additional lessons which, depending on the day, could be-form drawing, painting, french, german, religion, handwork, additional main lesson or music.

Then from 1-1:50 they have lunch and outside play again.

In the afternoon they do an additional lesson from the above list. There is also one other period at the end of the day which is either free play inside, games (like PE) or artwork.

They have three days of the week which go until 3:30pm and two which only go until 1:30. They have lunch at school on all the days.

Hope that gives you an idea! Let me know if you need more detail.

User Tag List