How do you organize your seasonal items? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-15-2010, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nesting...BIG time... and I feel like I need everything to be perfectly organized for yesterday ANyhow...

I have been thinking a lot on how to store seasonal items. You know the things you use for christmas or other celebration, the things you use for nature table that doesn't come from outside and will be used again the following years, rotation for books and so on. How do you deal with all of that while keeping the clutter to a minimum?
I would love ideas to make this easier in our house

Thanks ladies
#2 of 2 Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I store all extras - seasonal items, decorations, outgrown clothing, wood craft items, wool, fabric, sewing notions, craft paints, and a big etc - each in it's own plastic ((gasp)) bin in the basement. It's my one concession to plastic b/c it keeps out mice and moisture. The bins are clear and I can see at a glance whatever I want on my basement shelves. Though I would say if your basement is *really* moist some condensation will still get in so you'd want a diffferent location.

If you want to be a Waldorf purist, you could do the same with labeled baskets on beautiful wood bookshelves in your main living area, but I know few people with that much storage space, not to mention allready built in cheapo basement shelves and plastic storage containers are far less expensive than beautiful wood bookcases and baskets. Prefer to keep those for my books and everyday toy items

Have fun nesting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page