Transitioning from Waldorf in school to Waldorf at home - Mothering Forums
Waldorf > Transitioning from Waldorf in school to Waldorf at home
Stargirl's Avatar Stargirl 03:41 PM 09-22-2010
Hi everyone,

My daughter has been very fortunate to attend a wonderful Waldorf playschool for the last year and a half. Unfortunately, we have relocated and she is unable to attend a Waldorf school here. I am working on bringing more Waldorf rhythm into our home life and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who participates in this forum as it has been invaluable! I am currently reading Heaven on Earth and loving it!

With gratitude!

lyrebird's Avatar lyrebird 08:58 PM 09-22-2010
I agree, so many great ideas on this forum, and you can’t go past Heaven on Earth for inspiration. I pick it up every now and then if I just need a lift. I’d love to be able to do half the things in there – but we do what we can, and that has to be enough.
Might make some spring butterflies following her instructions - they sound simple enough...might try to visit a farm in the holidays
lyrebird's Avatar lyrebird 08:59 PM 09-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrebird View Post
Might make some spring butterflies following her instructions - they sound simple enough...might try to visit a farm in the holidays
that is, to get wool to wash and card and make into butterflies. Love the idea of doing things from scratch with the children, I don't do it enough.
JudiAU's Avatar JudiAU 04:03 PM 09-23-2010
I am reading Heaven on Earth for the first time right now too!
jvdsista's Avatar jvdsista 07:55 PM 09-23-2010
Heaven on earth is a wonderful book! When chaos ruled in our house this summer,I read it again,and brought peace and tranquility back with a rythmic day,and week! It's amazing the difference when you have set schedules! I like some of the concepts of unschooling,but there's nothing that can beat daily rhythms with young children!
Up