Missing Childhood Magic Blog :( - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
oh man! I am so with you!! I miss my film camera sooo much and have many issues with my digital. I love it but even after 4 1/2 years of owning it I still am stuck in film camera mode and can't wrap my head fully around the digital (I have a now older model Canon Rebel, I went with Canon over Nikon b/c I have always used Canons when I had my film cameras). The circle focus you mentioned if one of my biggest obstacles I have to overcome. I loved that on my film camera.
I wish I could go back to college and take all of my photogtaphy classes all over again but this time for digital I miss my black and white photos though and developing in the the lab *sigh*

OT: Boatbaby - I miss you! I need to e-mail you. Thinking of you and sending you love!!!
Nicole, talking of e.mail, I owe you an e.mail from months ago!!!!!! It got buried in my inbox (I never delete messages which is silly of me, I have over 5,000 in my inbox...mostly facebook updates LOL) So I am going to dig it out and reply! I'm so sorry! Lots of love to you and your family ♥

A UK Waldorf blogging mama!
#32 of 41 Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
I went with Canon over Nikon b/c I have always used Canons when I had my film cameras). The circle focus you mentioned if one of my biggest obstacles I have to overcome. I loved that on my film camera.
I wish I could go back to college and take all of my photogtaphy classes all over again but this time for digital I miss my black and white photos though and developing in the the lab *sigh
i have my old canon from college as well, which is why i am leaning towards a digital canon. developing is such an art in itself, i miss it terribly.
#33 of 41 Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM

I have a Nikon D90 - But how did I NOT know about Picnik? I've been using Gimp - but this is way, way easier!!! You mamas rock!

Me:
#34 of 41 Old 10-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwonamesalike View Post
I have a Nikon D90 - !
snap! I love my camera so so much! what lens do you have? My camera is a NIkon D90 body with a 50 mm f 1.4 G lens and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A UK Waldorf blogging mama!
#35 of 41 Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Hi there Sweet Mamas, I  miss Ariella too, but came across this lovely list of linkies that were pulled from her blog before it went down. Supposedly, these are the links to supplies and tutorials she used on Childhoodmagic. Scroll down about halfway, to Waldorf Projects & Activities and she talks about CHM briefly and how she got these links.

http://wonderinthewoods.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/an-unrushed-childhood/ 

Hope this helps with the missingness.

Love and Light!

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

#36 of 41 Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Wow lots of great blogs!

I just happen to stumble across this one http://themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com/  Which has tons of verses etc. :)

Natural crunchy namaste.gifmama to three kiddos  goorganic.jpg    novaxnocirc.gif   intactivist.gif
#37 of 41 Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 PM

I was just thinking that we should have a waldorf web ring.  The only ones I can find are for homeschoolers and we don't fit that, so it seems off for me to join that one.  I would love a way to just stumble through waldorf blogs, homeschooled or not!

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#38 of 41 Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny4Them View Post

Hi there Sweet Mamas, I  miss Ariella too, but came across this lovely list of linkies that were pulled from her blog before it went down. Supposedly, these are the links to supplies and tutorials she used on Childhoodmagic. Scroll down about halfway, to Waldorf Projects & Activities and she talks about CHM briefly and how she got these links.

http://wonderinthewoods.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/an-unrushed-childhood/ 

Hope this helps with the missingness.

Love and Light!

Thank you for posting this! joy.gif

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#39 of 41 Old 02-26-2011, 03:38 PM

I saved every single one of her blog posts and have them all on my hard drive.  I later deleted a few that were just her personal entries (not project-related) though.  I saved it to use it as homeschool curriculum!  PM me if you need something.  It might take me a while to get it to you though I am swamped running my Waldorf supply Co-op.  In accordance with her wishes I will try to just get you info/tutorials and not pics.

#40 of 41 Old 02-27-2011, 01:02 PM

You know on second thought, there are over 100 files that are full of big pictures and to dig each tutorial up would be so time consuming, so emailing multiple people is going to be a bear, not to mention she didn't really want that.  Since there are so many people still interested in this blog, what would you ladies think if I just "recreated" the projects?  My own words, my own pictures... but the basic concepts many of us wanted to do ourselves with our children.  I don't live in a beautiful southern climate, I'm an upstate NY'er... so my flavor would be different... do you think it would be disrespectful to her, or a helpful gesture to those whose dreams of doing those projects with their own children were suddenly ended?  I've just started a blog anyways.

I'll let you all decide!  Aye or Nay?

Jenn_M likes this.
#41 of 41 Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 PM

If you are inspired to do these projects, and showcase them on your blog, do it! Do what you feel is best! I always love checking out new blogs, and new perspectives.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page