Wool Socks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering which wool socks you like the best? I bought a bunch of 100% wool ones from Nordic Woollens for my oldest a couple of years ago, but I found they shrunk quite a bit and weren't as stretchy as she would have liked. Does anyone use Smartwool? I have heard good things about them.

Buying wool socks for three children can get expensive so any input would be appreciated before I buy.

Thanks,
#2 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 PM

We like smartwool and these from REI. They hold up well to rough treatment (from dd and the washer/dryer).
#3 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 10:33 PM

I like the smartwool ones, though I do not have anything to compare them to. I buy them from Sierra Trading Post, and they usually have a coupon around as well. Plus ebates.
#4 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 PM

i love the smartwool ones. they are pricey but so cushy and warm. my son likes knee socks and the ones we get (stripey and long) stay up on his skinny legs. they are getting worn out after 2 years of wearing them almost everyday (he had 2 pairs) so i will be buying a few more this year.
these are the ones btw..
http://www.amazon.com/Smartwool-Kids.../dp/B000BNORNC

i love knitting socks as well, but he never likes the feeling of my hand knit ones.. my smaller 2 are fine with them though

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 10:59 PM

i got the cheapo wm ones $7 pair in the hunting section, they are a blend and ive had them 3 years and they are thick and comfy
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#6 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i love the smartwool ones. they are pricey but so cushy and warm. my son likes knee socks and the ones we get (stripey and long) stay up on his skinny legs. they are getting worn out after 2 years of wearing them almost everyday (he had 2 pairs) so i will be buying a few more this year.
these are the ones btw..
http://www.amazon.com/Smartwool-Kids.../dp/B000BNORNC

i love knitting socks as well, but he never likes the feeling of my hand knit ones.. my smaller 2 are fine with them though
I just got those for my children and prewashed them today!
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...-For-Kids.html

For us I don't think they'll be used but if we go to the snow or outside at night in the winter, they look SUPER warm. Normally the kids wear their regular ones or the hiking/light hiking.

Campmor also has a very large selection of Smartwool, for adults; and a little for children; though I think Sierra Trading is a better deal.
#7 of 7 Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM

We have used Smartwools in the past. However, just ordered some 100% wool socks...so the jury is still out .

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page