What are you knitting for your waldorf kiddos? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-08-2010, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone, I'm just curious about what everyone is working on for their little ones. This is my DS's first year in kindy and I want to be sure he's prepared for cooler weather (ours comes a little later in TX) with plenty of handknits.

I made some fingerless mitts for the boys last year, and I think the oldest will need new ones this year. The younger can get big brother's old ones.

They have some knit hats, but the littlest guy could use a new one or two since he has grown.

I'm knitting them each one sweater. I just finished owlet for the younger and am about to start this one for the older. I'd like to eventually knit the older guy a cardigan, too.

I guess the older may need a scarf or would a cowl be better?

What's on your needles?

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 10-09-2010, 01:07 AM

I just finished dd1's cotton knitted hat. It is a sight to behold, lol! A couple of holes, and giant as all get out (it fits me!). Well, at least she will be able to wear it for her whole life if she choses. I was going to make it looooong, but I got impatient. The colorway is v cute at least. Overall, it's not too bad. I'm now knitting her another hat that will fit better & it's in a different color. I need to finish a newborn wool/soy cap that I started for dd2 that will now be put away for a future baby girl. It's just sitting there hogging the needles. Then, I am going to TRY and knit her a pilot cap using bamboo/silk yarn. That will prove to be interesting. I have only knitted hats in the round and a little gnome. I still have two more gnomes to make out of this kit, so I'll be piddling around w/ those, too. I'm a pretty slow knitter still & have to make it a point to do a bit each day, but I'm getting there!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#3 of 15 Old 10-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Going to be knitting a vest for the 2 year old, and knitted fruit and veggies for the 2 year old and another family!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#4 of 15 Old 10-10-2010, 03:15 AM

Just finished up my first hat for dd in Noro...peachy/pinks. It too is also quite big but she'll just grow into it.
I want to get to work on some sweaters/cardigans for the kids.
Oh! And I've had a lyalya hoodie ready for kitchener for about 10 months...I've never attempted kitchener and I feel like I really need someone to show me before I move forward!
#5 of 15 Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'd love to see pics of all of your knits!

Jakesmama, do you have the book, Stitch 'n Bitch? She has excellent illustrations and directions for the kitchner.

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#6 of 15 Old 10-10-2010, 04:14 PM

If anyone is on Ravelry, I'm there under the same username.

I'm making pilot caps and longies for the wee belly babe. A little green sweater, too. And a cushy organic cotton blanket.

DD1 just got a Tomten sweater, and will get a Lyalya hoodie as soon as I steel myself to do the kitchener stitch (I hate finishing!)

DD2 is getting a tiny tea leaves cardigan for her birthday. I've already finished seaming her Lyalya.

Oh, and I also would like to knit them some little gnome toys for the holidays.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#7 of 15 Old 10-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmama View Post
Oh! And I've had a lyalya hoodie ready for kitchener for about 10 months...I've never attempted kitchener and I feel like I really need someone to show me before I move forward!
So funny! I've been staring at the same Lyalya since the summer. I'm the laziest finisher on Earth.

Here's a tutorial I've used: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/FEATtheresasum04.html

ETA: I let the girls choose their own yarn for the hoodies. DD2 picked a nice, deep purple. No problem. DD1 picked this GHASTLY bubble gum pink. Oy.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#8 of 15 Old 10-10-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm knitting a top down sweater for my oldest, a pair of rainbow legwarmers for my younger DD and crocheting a giant granny square afghan for my older DD.

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#9 of 15 Old 10-11-2010, 04:32 AM

im knitting legwarmers for dd1 and dd2 and anklets with bells.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#10 of 15 Old 10-12-2010, 12:43 AM

Just finished up some vests, one for each kid. The girls get Milo vests and my son gets a sweater vest from a Diane Soucy pattern. I had hoped to finish these by the equinox or Michaelmas, but I had a baby on the 21st and it threw off my "schedule."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6979919...n/photostream/

Now, I need to start on Christmas/Hanukkah gifts.

I'm also on Ravelry, under "saknits."

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

#11 of 15 Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamavegan View Post
Hey everyone, I'm just curious about what everyone is working on for their little ones. This is my DS's first year in kindy and I want to be sure he's prepared for cooler weather (ours comes a little later in TX) with plenty of handknits.

I made some fingerless mitts for the boys last year, and I think the oldest will need new ones this year. The younger can get big brother's old ones.

They have some knit hats, but the littlest guy could use a new one or two since he has grown.

I'm knitting them each one sweater. I just finished owlet for the younger and am about to start this one for the older. I'd like to eventually knit the older guy a cardigan, too.

I guess the older may need a scarf or would a cowl be better?

What's on your needles?

I love the fingerless mitts! The fit looks really great on them, too.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

#12 of 15 Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 AM

Too funny about the hoodies! I wonder if this is an epidemic problem..lazy finishers who stare at (and dream about) the lyalya hoodie! I can't wait for dd to wear it but.......

I have a milo in my projects on Rav also. It will be for a new nephew coming our way soon! Such a cute knit, and they'll need the core warmth. They're in PA.
#13 of 15 Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I've knit so many longies for my kids I can do the kitchener without looking it up anymore! Truly, you can do it, too.

I knit the Wendy Neverland sweater for my daughter for her school sweater this year. For Christmas, I bought this yarn earlier this year and promised dd a sweater. I'll use it to make a circular yoked sweater. Not sure weather it will be a cardigan or a pullover. I also plan to knit her a Neighborly vest. She still has her balaclava and mittens from last year, so, I probably won't knit any more of those this year.

I knit a vest for ds out of some very yummy natural brown alpaca I picked up at a local fiber event about 2 weeks ago. I've finished one pair of longies for him and have plans for at least 2 more. Would love to be able to get 4 more pair knit! He will need a new hat and mittens, too.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#14 of 15 Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
I also plan to knit her a Neighborly vest.
I LOVED knitting this for my girl. She wears it a ton. Here's mine.

#15 of 15 Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiemonster View Post
I LOVED knitting this for my girl. She wears it a ton. Here's mine.
Cute! And out of PF, that must be super toasty!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page