Hi, I am new, my journey to Waldorf! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I recently found a local Waldorf Charter school in my area. I wish I had known about it 6 years ago! I have a 6th grader who chose to stay at our local public school, but my 5th grader and Kindergartner started at the Waldorf school in September!

You can read about our journey here. http://enjoybirth.com/blog/2010/09/2...ey-to-waldorf/

It was meant to be. We are so very happy there. (The only drawback is the drive, but we have some people to carpool with , so it is fine)

I used to hang out on the Mothering boards when I was pregnant long ago. I was googling Waldorf stuff and found this board. I am so excited!

I love so many of the teachings and ideas behind Waldorf and am happy I finally have an education system that I can embrace.
#2 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM

What a timely post! My DS is going to go for his first day at a Waldorf school tomorrow morning! Per the policies of our Waldorf school, they like all kids coming in after their kindergarten classes (so more or less 7+) to sit in three days before any decision is made on either side. DS is on Fall Break from his current school, so it's a great week for him to sit in on classes at the Waldorf school to see if he really wants to switch schools.

You can read my other thread (Waldorf and Dyslexia) as well as my responses in another recent thread about older kids starting waldorf to see why we're thinking of moving DS. We loved the school when we visited and we are hoping DS will like it too, though we want to leave the final decision up to him.

I'll look forward to reading your blog and thanks for posting.
#3 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 PM

Hi Sheridan!

I "know" you from the HypnoBabies board! I've had 2 wonderful HB births and just wanted to thank you for all your encouragement and sage wisdom over the years. I've been welcomed just recently into the Waldorf fold. Welcome!

Michelle --- AMAzing Mama to DD1 (04.07) & DD2 (05.10)    
#4 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 PM

I'm new to the Waldorf realm as well. We have a lovely Waldorf school, that has a public funding option. I enjoy so many parts of it. I am just not a big fan of having my kids leave home for the education, but it is warming up to me.

Berta

Wifey, 17, 14, 11,8, 6, 3, 2, 4mths,
...u probably don't want to know the rest
#5 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Sheridan. I, too, recognize your from the yahoo/hypnobabies board. I found it really helpful with births. Hope you enjoy your Waldorf journey.
#6 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperfox View Post
Hi Sheridan!

I "know" you from the HypnoBabies board! I've had 2 wonderful HB births and just wanted to thank you for all your encouragement and sage wisdom over the years. I've been welcomed just recently into the Waldorf fold. Welcome!
Hi! How fun to see a Hypnobabies mom here.
#7 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiAU View Post
Congratulations Sheridan. I, too, recognize your from the yahoo/hypnobabies board. I found it really helpful with births. Hope you enjoy your Waldorf journey.
Hi to another Hypnobabies mom.

I think Waldorf and Hypnobabies kind of connects. I can see how a mom who loves one would love the other.

Sheridan
#8 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusMom View Post
You can read my other thread (Waldorf and Dyslexia) as well as my responses in another recent thread about older kids starting waldorf to see why we're thinking of moving DS. We loved the school when we visited and we are hoping DS will like it too, though we want to leave the final decision up to him.
My oldest son has dyslexia and I wish I had found this school for him much sooner. He actually has chosen to stay at our local public school. (He is in 6th grade) He has many friends there and has a great teacher and is in the gifted program and is doing so well now in school. So I am fine with his choice. I can just see how if I had him there when he was younger it would have been a much better fit. He also says, "I wish you had known about it when I was younger!"

We had him do cognitive therapy for a year or do (at Learning RX) and he is now a great reader. He is in 6th grade, but can read at high school level. He can not spell to save his life and has dysgraphia and dyscalcula, but with a computer in the class he is able to keep up and excel.

Good luck with your choice!

Sheridan

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page