boat/stairs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am trying to find the cheapest priced set of boat/stairs but also a set that is safe (free from chemical coatings, toxic glue, etc.)

i see the natural pod set which is close to $300 (way too much for me to spend) http://www.naturalpod.com/shop/index...roducts_id=845

and the Steffy Wood boat can be found for less than $150 but i can't seem to find out if it is "safe" http://www.nextag.com/STEFFY-WOOD--2...ats/brand-html

any ideas/opionions/feedback on these or other options?

::
#2 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 07:21 PM

I don't know where you are but if you are near Aurora Ontairo Canada Hestia Global has them, but they don't sell them online (though if you're willing to pay you may be able to phone them)

http://www.hestiaglobal.com/Rocking_..._p/hprb-01.htm

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#3 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 PM

Community Playthings is the one I always see. It's $255 (US) or £263 on their sites though. Other early childhood companies (like Kaplan or Jonti-Craft) have "cheaper" versions too. I'm not sure about the safety of those like you mentioned.

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

#4 of 6 Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 AM

the community playthings and natural pod rocking boats both look pretty safe and nontoxic, perhaps family members can contribute a gift for the cause.....
#5 of 6 Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 PM

I was currently just talked to a woodworker who makes items for the Waldorf school in our state and he is making 5 boat/stairs for the holiday festival (by Nov 20th). He said it is going to be 350 or less. We played with one that he had made in the parent/child class and it was a work of art, much nicer looking then the ones in the catalogs or sold online. Still pricey but an option if you are close to this area. pm me and I will let you know his location and information if you are interested. I believe he said he might ship them but he is going to sell them locally first and I honestly think they are going to be sold out before he gets to ship them!! But if you live in the general vicinity you could pick it up.

hth

Jennifer Wife to my wonderful Husband, Jeremy, mama to my two amazing children DD B (04/14/2006), DS I (10/27/2007) and a precious little one due in June
#6 of 6 Old 10-18-2013, 01:21 PM

hello, 

where is he located?  I have been searching for this.  I would be happy to pay for it.  Please tell me how to order this.  Thank you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page