Ruskovilla Oy Wool Clothing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you think of this brand? I've never owned any, and haven't even seen it in person but would like to ask the grandparents for some wool clothes for all of us this winter and this one seems to be a popular one. Tell me what you think!
#2 of 16 Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 AM

We have the zip front wool pajamas and they are amazing! I was just drooling over the Nova Natural pages tonight. They are very soft and wear like iron. I washed ds's about twice a month and they still look great and are waiting for dd to be big enough to fill them!
#3 of 16 Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM

We have both their longies and shorties ordered from Nova and have really liked them for daytime diapering. They are not thick enough for nighttime diapering, but if you are ordering them for warmth, they are excellent quality and value compared to some of the other brands.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#4 of 16 Old 10-30-2010, 12:01 PM

We have the wool zippered bodysuit and it's the best clothing purchase I've ever made. They boys have worn the same suit three years in a row. They wear them under their snowsuits, camping cold nights and sometimes even right over their clothes before putting on their snow suit before going outside. I've accidently washed them and even dried them and nothing happened to them. Love them. We also have the hoodies and those are great too.
#5 of 16 Old 10-30-2010, 01:42 PM

Totally awesome! We have the zip wool pyjamas as well as some of the silk-wool blend under stuff and some plain wool shirts and pants. Also the thick white 'gnome hat' which we've had since my son was 18 mos and still fits him at 7 and he loves it.

Just be careful with laundering--my husband has felted a few of the items
#6 of 16 Old 10-30-2010, 08:35 PM

I also want to add that their wool longies are great as the knees and bottoms are reinforced---many other great wool brands (Hocosa, Engel) are not reinforced, so if you have children that wear them 24-7 the Ruskovilla last longer before they need mending.

But like above, the wool zip suits that are ribbed are like steel.
#7 of 16 Old 10-31-2010, 10:46 PM

I`m really glad to hear everyone`s love for the zipped body suits! I`ve been drooling over them, but felt that our 2 sets of seperate tops and bottoms (one ruskovilla one hocosa) was more than enough to get through winter, but I`d love a zipped to sleep in! Heading over to purchase...

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#8 of 16 Old 10-31-2010, 11:30 PM

We them-- the longies lasted thru 3 children in CD for 2 or so years each and were in great shape to pass on to cousins and a couple were sold on consignment-- still like brand new (use eucalan wool wash-- its the very best!)

I did use them at night bc they did better than our other wool covers (from Natural Baby company back in the day--18 years ago-- when they used to sell wool soakers made by a SAHM, LOL). They did fine at night, but if I'd had the newer more water proof covers then, I may not have.

HTH

They were WELL worth every single penny, and we were poor back then!
#9 of 16 Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 AM

Oh how I love Ruskovilla! I've been buying it the last three years. I've also bought Engel, but I really like Ruskovilla better because the cuffs seemed firmer, so they didn't ride up as much. I think Engel is much softer though, even the all wool.

I've bought long johns in both wool and wool/silk and we get more mileage from the wool/silk blend because it's thinner and softer and fits underneath his pants and shirts. The sleeveless undershirt is my ultimate favorite because it's form fitting and fits under every shirt perfectly.

I've also bought a couple of the wool zippered bodysuits - they're super cute on. They were great for PJs on those cold winter nights and after a year of use, they both looked nearly new. Unfortunately my son has a long torso so we couldn't get as much use out of them as I would have liked. Plus, once he was potty trained (around 2 1/2) years it was hard for him to zip and unzip himself and so he didn't really like wearing it as he likes doing everything himself.

I always buy mine from a mama owned Green Mountain Organics and I'm pretty sure she carries the whole line, even for grown ups, even if it's not on the website.
#10 of 16 Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM

We have Ruskovilla too, and love them. I used them for my newborn (that is not so newborn anymore...) since his arrival. I love the nappy pants, and the wool/silk blend too. I put him under all his shirt, it fits well.
I also bought them from Green mountain organic. Good customer service and they have good quality products (AND they ship to Canada )
#11 of 16 Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
We've bought ruskovilla before and were happy with it. Don't be afraid to go a size up for the kids, I didn't because I didn't want their stuff to be bulky, but it would have been fine if I had.

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

#12 of 16 Old 11-01-2010, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
there is a great group buy occasionally on this yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greentaramama/

she is super honest and a great organizer. thought you all would like to know.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#13 of 16 Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
there is a great group buy occasionally on this yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greentaramama/

she is super honest and a great organizer. thought you all would like to know.

Michelle is very helpful with sizing, questions and knowledge.

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

#14 of 16 Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post
We've bought ruskovilla before and were happy with it. Don't be afraid to go a size up for the kids, I didn't because I didn't want their stuff to be bulky, but it would have been fine if I had.
I agree with this! Michelle from Green Mountain Organics recommended this to me and on some pieces I've been able to get two+ years out of them. Buying a little bit bigger also helps if they accidentally go in the wash with the regular clothes.

I just noticed that Green Mountain Organics extended their woolens sale. You can use code wool15 for woolens through November 10th. I think I might pick up a piece or two for me.
#15 of 16 Old 10-14-2013, 07:44 AM

Do you all recommend the wool sleeper with or without feet?  I have a 6 mo old who wears 9 mo plus clothing.  Also I'm looking for the super warm "gnome" hat that is wearable as they age,  where do i find it

#16 of 16 Old 10-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karinheide View Post

Do you all recommend the wool sleeper with or without feet?  I have a 6 mo old who wears 9 mo plus clothing.  Also I'm looking for the super warm "gnome" hat that is wearable as they age,  where do i find it

I would choose without feet, personally, and use socks or slipper socks as needed.  Depends on how cold your house is.  Here's a gnome-style hat: http://www.nordicwoollens.com/en/babies/newbornessentials/p17554151.html  It can also be knit quite easily, if you are able. :)

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page