Just got my 1st waldorf doll and have questions (questions are now in post) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How are they supposed to be stuffed?  I got the most beautiful Waldorf doll in the mail today(my avatar pic). She is sewn perfect but she doesn't seem as stuffed as I expected her to be.  Her body is really squishy and soft(and kinda flat).  She was a lot of money and I love her for my dd but I am afraid she isn't plump enough:( 

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 PM

What I would do if I were you is contact the seller of the doll and explain that the body isn't stuffed enough.

They are stuffed with clean carded wool.  You can buy it at weir dolls

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

The hair also is making my eyes itch and its shedding in my mouth and making me choke:(:( 

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsmom06 View Post

The hair also is making my eyes itch and its shedding in my mouth and making me choke:(:( 

Wow!!! Definitely contact the person who created it. That sounds pretty uncomfortable! She is really, really, really beautiful though! I hope you can get it worked out!

Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 AM

I must ask....how/why is the doll's hair in your mouth?

How do you know its the hair that is making your eyes itch?  Couldnt it be anything?  I'd ask for a list of materials being used to rule everything else out.

DD5, DS3...Montessori since 8/2010
Bradenton, Florida
Old 11-20-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

The doll is the cutest thing I have ever seen but the body isn't stuffed firm enough and the darn hair.  I wish she could just be stuffed more and maybe her hair will stop shedding. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanette0269 View Post

I must ask....how/why is the doll's hair in your mouth?

How do you know its the hair that is making your eyes itch?  Couldnt it be anything?  I'd ask for a list of materials being used to rule everything else out.

The hair sheds really bad and when I was holding it the loose hair got in my mouth.  Since I was holding the doll it is something with the doll that is making me itch.  I thought it might be the hair because it sheds do bad. 

Old 11-27-2010, 01:52 PM

My DDs (ages 7 and 4.5) prefer softer, less firm dolls. You may wanna see what your DC likes. The ery firm dolls are quite heavy.

Mohair yarn does shed - well most natural fibers do shed and may be what is causing your eyes to water. I use lots of natural fibers and a few (angora in particular) give me itchy eyes. Good news is that it is temporary :)

I would still contact the doll-maker to chat about your concerns...

User Tag List