Waldorf/ Waldorf-ish Craft Websites suitable for 5 year olds? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if you could please share your favorite Waldorfy craft websites that would be suitable for a 5 year old. When little brother is sleeping, my daughter likes to do "big kid crafts" and I am in need of inspiration.

Many thanks in advance!

joy.gifUnitarian Universalist Family:  fairy.gif06 & guitar.gif08

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

You might check out weefolkart.com.  I haven't looked there in a while, but it is generally a very good crafting site.  Have you tried just letting your daughter create from the supplies you have?  Or is it the case that she prefers to have a project to work on. Here are some examples of what works in our house - my daughter just turned 5 at the end of October:

She's been making puppets from popcicle sticks for the past few days.  She found the sticks in a craft drawer and took plain white paper, drew and cut out heads, bodies and arms and colored them.  Then she colored the pieces and glued them to the stick.  No involvement from me.  Not my idea, totally hers.  Then she took a ribbon and attached it to the head and decided the puppet was a bride with a veil!  LOL!  She found some glitter glue and added that to the next creation.

Last night she found an old kit for making a picture frame and decorated it.  All she needed from me was to know where is the glue stick.

Other times, she has very definite ideas about what I am to be creating at her direction.  We're working on a headband this week.  She had me needle felt a flower on Sunday.  I then found some ribbon and ironed it.  Next, I am to wrap that around an old fabric headband I found and then we'll attach the flower.

Happy crafting!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
jmo

Yes, definitely check out weefolkart.com.  I have 5 yo and we love their crafts.  We just finished making these this week : http://weefolkart.com/?q=node/187 

I also love the crafts here: http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.com/ 

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so very much everyone!

joy.gifUnitarian Universalist Family:  fairy.gif06 & guitar.gif08

User Tag List