How many woolens for toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How many sets of woolens do you have for your LOs?  I was thinking maybe I'd get 2 sets for DD.  She could wear one set one day while the pair she wore the previous day was airing out.  What do you think? 

BTW, all woolens are on sale at Green Mountain Organics right now. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 AM

We have 3 sets...one of which are "last years" so they are a bit on the short side. But I really think we could get by with 2 sets and maybe an extra shirt (since DD is potty trained I am not as concerned with the pants). 

I love Michelle at Green Mountain. She is super helpful. And reminds me that my needs might be different from others based on my climate. She might have some good ideas too. 

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM

We only have one set, but we do not need more than one per kid.  DD2 is wearing dd1's old onesie-style undershirt and dd1 is wearing her shirt and pants from last year.  I thought I bought dd1's big enough last year to last this year's whole winter, too, but the sleeves are getting rather short.  Not a huge deal, she prefers her sleeves a little short anyway.  The pants are just fine, but both are extremely riddled w/ holes!  I take excellent care of them, mostly handwashing.  I bought them from Palumba and was v impressed w/ the quality for the price, hrumph.  They were something like half the price of Ruska (these are Hocosa brand).  I guess I learned my lesson there & I will fork out the money & try Ruska next time.  Are they really that much better?  I need to know before I invest, lol!

Back to main topic, dd1 wears hers almost every day (the shirt at least) & b/c of the excellent airing out qualities of wool AND w/ how quickly they dry draped across a radiator, one set has been plenty!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Oh I guess I should add to my information...DD sleeps in woolies too. So that probably adds a bit more to our needs. 

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page