What 1 book do you recommend about having a waldorf home? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondering:) 

We have a semi waldorf home but would love to have a more waldorf home.  We are moving this weekend and I thought what better time to move more into it in our new home.  We looked at sending our son to a waldorf school but its just too far away in the state we are moving to:(.   I really think its important for him and our other 2 children.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 PM

I'm a very visual person, and have found the most inspiration here on the internet in terms of Waldorf homes. Soule Mama's blog, Frontier Dreams, Magic Onions are such amazing visual treasure troves of inspiration for me. 

Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM

I can't wait to read more responses! A year ago I would have said Heaven on Earth, but now I think Simplicity Parenting. They are both inspiring, easy reads that cover physical environment, family culture, rhythm, child development, etc. Love them both. I find so many Waldorf books overwhelming, but these give me energy.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

For me, Carrie's blog Parenting Passageway is the best inspiration.  Ancient Hearth is also very good, and has lots of info about Waldorf homeschooling.

I've yet to find any one book that encapsulates a Waldorf lifestyle.  Heaven on Earth I've read and basically liked as far as establishing a basic family culture, but it is nowhere near as helpful as the blogs I mentioned.  I've also liked Waldorf Education:  A Family Guide--actually better than Heaven on Earth.  It's more nitty-gritty and practical while still giving an overview survey of Waldorf.  It also talks about festivals individually and the grades, which I've found quite helpful.

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05
Old 12-20-2010, 04:53 AM

I really like Beyond the Rainbow Bridge for younger ones, but I don't think it has lots of ideas for the home.  I get most of those from reading blogs, too.   I've heard good things about Simplicity Parenting, but I haven't read it yet.  I second that The Parenting Passageway is a great blog to read.

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

User Tag List