playstand plans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello all!

We are hoping to build a playstand set in the next few months...I am wondering if anyone has come across free playstand plans online....I know that there are quite a few purchase options...and if you have found them to be worth the money, we will consider this!

Experiences?

Thank you!!!

Natural mama to my mid summer DS, 8-7-09 Pre service early childhood waldorf teacher <3
#2 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 AM

my husband built ours...many christmas' ago.  We just mocked NovaNaturalToys and made our own design. 

I would love plans for a canopy.  I have been studying these for years and this year I will make one!

wife and teacher, WOHM to A whistling.gif'02, Cdust.gif'05, and W  Sheepish.gif'07
#3 of 4 Old 12-30-2010, 05:20 PM

Dh made ours as well - he actually used an ironing board as a pattern.

Also, not sure what you're building, but for what it's worth...

We've visited several Waldorf schools and each had much smaller playstands than you see online and only one, low shelf and often curtains hanging from the top. These are so much easier for kids to move around and play with themselves.  Now I wish we had just built a stationary wood shelf for toy storage and smaller scale playstands for moving around and building with, etc. Since we store toys on the playstand shelves, it makes a mess when DS has to take everything off to play with the playstands.  Actually, we've found that W schools have hardly any of the expensive "waldorf" toys sold in shops but that's another topic altogether!

SAHM to two amazing boys
8-21-05
#4 of 4 Old 12-30-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsummer01 View Post
  Actually, we've found that W schools have hardly any of the expensive "waldorf" toys sold in shops but that's another topic altogether!

While I do agree, don't forget that kids at school do not spend all day there & they have other activities (story, snack, outside, art, etc) that are scheduled to keep them busy.

We bought ours & I did not buy it w/ the intention of my kids moving it on their own & I like the large size.  We just have one w/ a canopy & that is enough for now.  Our playroom is v small & it is a room divider right now.

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page