have a broken kinderkram dollhouse, can I be made into anything else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I bought a kinderkram dollhouse as 'seconds' (I posted about it here) and when it came a few weeks ago it was majorly broken. The roof and sides are fine but the floors are broken off and and a couple of the side are missing or have glue spots from bad repairs. The stairs and door part is there. The company that sold it doesn't want it back. We used the refund from it to buy an elves and angels dollhouse so we don't need another dollhouse. The only thing I can think of to do with this one is to cut it off in the middle somehow and turn it into an open barn/stable for our osthhimer figures. I don't own any tools other than a drill, hammer, and screwdrivers So I'm guessing I'll have to buy a jigsaw. Is there anything else it could be used for, it seems like a waste to throw it away. 

This is the dollhouse but ours is in pieces:

dollhouse.JPG.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's a toughie... interested to see what people suggest. 

#3 of 6 Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM

Can you glue it back together? I got a similar item that arrived with the floors not in place and some Gorilla Glue did the trick! It's crazy strong and expands to fill gaps/ cracks. Then a little sanding and voila! 

Can you post pics of the state it is in now?

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#4 of 6 Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM

p.s. Can you post the company so that nobody else here heads down that path? Is that kosher to do here? 

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#5 of 6 Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbaby View Post

Can you glue it back together? I got a similar item that arrived with the floors not in place and some Gorilla Glue did the trick! It's crazy strong and expands to fill gaps/ cracks. Then a little sanding and voila! 

Can you post pics of the state it is in now?

I agree w/ this, post pix & try Gorilla Glue.  I'm tempted to offer to take it off your hands :)

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#6 of 6 Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We already bought and put together the new elves and angles anna's dollhouse for Christmas while waiting for the company that sold this one to decide if they wanted it back. I was thinking of trying to make it into a barn or something because we already have the other dollhouse. I've used gorilla glue before - I just might try that because the kinderkram dollhouse looks nicer than the pine e&a one. The pine arrived dinged and I know it will just get worse with time. I'll try to post a picture but I'm not sure where my memory card reader is - I wonder if I can take one with my iphone and somehow have it show up here?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page