How often do you change your nature table? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-21-2011, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have a framed postcard that I change the first of the month, and I change the tablecloth on the first day of each season.  I had a special red Christmas tablecloth up from December 1st-January 6th, and now it's a light blue winter one.

I was wondering how often you change the decor of the nature table?  Some things remain constant, of course, but my DD really loves to happen upon it when it's changed and new things appear.  And I want to do more for holidays.  And leave little holiday displays up enough that they're enjoyed, but not so much that they outlive their welcome and become mundane, if that makes sense.  The Christmas table was up a bit long, but Christmas is also a fairly defined season.  If you have a special Easter or Halloween table, for example, about how long do you leave those displays up?  Are there other special holidays that you create little nature table displays for?

(If you have any photographs of your nature tables at any point through the year, I'd love to see them!  If you don't want to post your blog or flickr account publicly here, you can PM me.)

Trying to live a simple life in a messy house in a complicated world with : DH, DD (b. 07/07), DS (b. 02/09), and DD (b. 10/10)
#2 of 3 Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 AM

hi love,

I change over our table as each season changes......for example, we changed over ours from fall to winter on the winter solstice...it was kind of a long wait, but I enjoy the ritual! I do add little "extras" during specific holidays during the season (easter, epiphany, martinmas, etc.) but there is a  constant design throughout the season that keeps us rhythmic.

here is a link to our winter table:

http://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/2011/01/winter-seasonal-table-and-star-of.html

best of luck to you:)

Natural mama to my mid summer DS, 8-7-09 Pre service early childhood waldorf teacher <3
#3 of 3 Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 AM

We also change our nature table with the seasons, and occasionally with various holidays.

Here are some links to our nature table through the seasons.

http://howthesunrose-lalagirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/winter-nature-table.html 

http://howthesunrose-lalagirl.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-little-bit-of-calm-in-holiday-rush.html 

http://howthesunrose-lalagirl.blogspot.com/2010/09/corn-husk-dolls.html 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page