8-13 Waldorf ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-26-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hiya,

I've found a lot of Waldorf-inspired resources and books/resources over the years that have helped me with ideas to inspire my girls when they were younger, but now they are 8 and 9 1/2 yo I'm looking for things to support this new segment age in Waldorf.

Can you lovely mamas here suggest books, blogs, ideas to help me with my daughters now they are older and in this "middle age"? We are always exploring nature and art, but now, I'm wondering how best to help them with their body awareness and body image, especially their time the non-Waldorfy friends and acquaintances in our lives.

Also, are there any ideas how I can meet Waldorf inspired people in Raleigh, NC area with children around the same age? (We are not HSing.)

Thank you so much in advance.

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

#2 of 3 Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

not needed anymore.

Love and light,

aka

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

Last edited by Penny4Them; 09-14-2014 at 11:28 AM.
#3 of 3 Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Hiya mamas,

Thought I'd share some books that I discovered that complement Steiner's works and have added fueled my ideals over the past year about the importance of staying so very close to nature with my children.

Joseph Cornell, Sharing Nature With Children, and Sharing the Joy of Nature: Nature Activities for All Ages

Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Twelve by Twelve, A One-Room Cabin Off the Grid and Beyond the American Dream, William Powers (below s a review I did about it)

Discovered this beautiful book and was completely drawn in. As someone who is concerned by the fast-paced-too-often negligent nature of our modern world, I constantly look for ways to simplify my life and stay connected with the present moment. I often daydream about living in the woods deliberately, as Thoreau once did, although I don't have the adacity to do it full-blown without electricity as the author did.

Powers' book is a 21st C memoir of his experiment in living simply, in the woods, becoming mindful to the simplicities and complexities of being human, while considering the implications of our modern culture. This book is refreshing, thought provoking, and after I read it, left me feeling like I too had lived in the woods with him. I find myself living with greater commitment to --as Powers suggests-- living well instead of striving to live better: to more fully believe and accept that I have enough without buying/consuming more.

These books offers lots of nature-based activities through the seasons, especially lovely for girls

Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions

Moon Mother, Moon Daughter: Myths and Rituals that Celebrate a Girl's Coming of Age

If anyone has other book suggestions, please share!

grouphug.gifPenny4them  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page