(esp for Canadians) Hestia Global has 50% off or more on wooden toys and woolies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-05-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

amazing deals at hestia global on their wooden toys and woolies...I stocked up for dd for next year...it may even be worth it from the US, not sure with shipping.

http://www.hestiaglobal.com/ 

I got a wooden dumptruck for 5$ and woolen long johns for 15$!

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#2 of 7 Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 PM

I really enjoyed watching the video on Rudolf Steiner college.  Thanks for sharing the website.  Now I'll go look at the sale!  ROFLMAO!  :)

#3 of 7 Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 PM

i was going to post about hestia global but somebody has already done it biggrinbounce.gif we actually live very close to the store. have stocked up a lot of woolies for my boys. love the zipper hoodie and woolie pants for babes. also the pullover, cardigan and vest are absolutely beautiful. it's not 100% wool but mix of 85%wool and 15% cashmere. warm and soft. love the colors too.

indulge! orngbiggrin.gif

http://www.hestiaglobal.com/

#4 of 7 Old 03-10-2011, 04:35 PM

I really want to like this company but it kind of creeps me out that they are the cheapest source of Waldorf toys and woolens, and their products are made in China.  I am not saying there aren't great communities in China and the people their are not skilled artisans who lovingly make the products.  But if they cost so much less and can deep discount, is that not indicative of a lower standard of living for the people making these (even if Hestia claims it stimulates the economy there)? 

http://www.hestiaglobal.com/category-s/52.htm

That link was shared on another thread, and it just sort of made me wonder... especially after I heard Kristie Burns of Earthschooling talking about how it isn't about going to Target and buying the wooden versions of toys that is "Waldorf"; its about HOW they were made, and the fact that they are not mass-produced.... I don't know, am I just being too picky?  I wonder what others think about it.

#5 of 7 Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_unlimited View Post

I really want to like this company but it kind of creeps me out that they are the cheapest source of Waldorf toys and woolens, and their products are made in China.  I am not saying there aren't great communities in China and the people their are not skilled artisans who lovingly make the products.  But if they cost so much less and can deep discount, is that not indicative of a lower standard of living for the people making these (even if Hestia claims it stimulates the economy there)? 

I agree with you, and I actually had a bad experience with this company and will not be doing business with them.  I feel like it would be easy for them to provide a little more information about their sources, such as where the wool comes from, and their customer service needs a lot of improvement. 

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#6 of 7 Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

I can understand what others are saying. I do think it is slightly differen than going to target or walmart but anyway. I was just trying to be helpful to others ina  similar position as me. I buy plenty of stuff locally and from thrift stores, as well as make a lot but I love in an area where it can be hard to find well-made stuff and shipping to Canada from the states is usually really prohibitive.

I respect everyone's opinions, all I wanted to do was share a resource, the research and such is up to each person.

TheSlingMama likes this.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#7 of 7 Old 03-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Well, I'm glad you posted!  I totally stocked up for next winter after I saw your link.  Glorious woolly children...  cold.gifjoy.gif

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page