Our play space in progress - PIC HEAVY - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-08-2011, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Slowly but surely I'm making DD's play space more Waldorf.  I would like to note that I subscribe to the notion that television and other media should be at the parent's discretion.  Yes, she has a tv/dvd player in her playroom but it was free and she uses it to watch Dragon Tales and Ni Hao, Kai Lan because I like the messages they send.  Additionally, only Mommy operates the tv so while it's there, she doesn't use it terribly often.  :)  I found a TON of toys on Etsy last night - if the divorce settlement plays out in our favor we will hopefully be able to buy her a few along with some real playstands.  Most of the Waldorf toys seem to advanced for her age so we don't have a lot yet.  My mother made the fairy for her and she loves that thing!

A few of her playing in it for the first time and just an adorable picture of kisses between her and her dog,

Her little corner next to our beds.

Sponsored Links
#2 of 5 Old 03-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Love the scarves and baskets!  Play spaces are so fun.

#3 of 5 Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM

The pic of her and the dog are priceless!

Your quilts are beautiful. It looks like a wonderful play space for her :)

Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

#4 of 5 Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much - I have almost as much fun in there as she does!  The fairy, knit elephant, and all her quilts and blankets but one were made for her by family members so they're even more fabulous to us.  Even the scarves are homemade.  :)

#5 of 5 Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM

That looks so cozy and inviting! What a wonderful little corner of the world for your little one! Love the picture with the doggie too :) 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page