graphics on clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2011, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having a uh-oh moment. Both of our girls attend a Waldorf school and the policy states clothes "should be free of graphics".  I was looking at getting my daughter a Daily Tea Collection outfit and the top has a flower print. It's a print that is in the fabric, not something that is ironed on the top or anything. Do you think this counts as graphics? Or maybe they mean more like logo wear, cartoons ,etc.....or maybe they just need plain colored clothes.

I will clarify this afternoon with the teacher. But I'm curious as to what is acceptable at other schools? How do you dress your kiddos for school?

Thanks!

Mom to Izzy biggrinbounce.gif (12/04) and Violet 2whistle.gif (9/07). love.gif  saynovax.gif treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 01:32 PM

My 5yo DS goes to a home-based, Waldorf-teacher-led co-op Kindergarten two days a week.  The teacher has asked us not only to avoid commercial graphics, but even something like 'a big doggie on the shirt'.  Her reasoning is that the image replaces the child in other children's eyes, they can't see the child behind the doggie.  She even asked us to make sure that they wear plain-coloured undies on co-op days.

I think that your particular school and your particular teacher will have to be the final source of your answer as there is such a wide diversity with rules such as dress code from school to school and even teacher to teacher.

Gwen , partner to D ; Mamma to T (6) , J (4) , and baby P
Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 PM

A woven floral top would be fine. Probably not a top with a big flower screen print on it.  But it realy does depend upon the school.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

I spoke with the nursery teacher yesterday and she said as long as it wasn't commercial graphics they would be fine. I haven't gotten to speak with the first grade teacher yet. I have just gone with just getting plain undies from Hanna Andersson. Thanks for the responses!

Mom to Izzy biggrinbounce.gif (12/04) and Violet 2whistle.gif (9/07). love.gif  saynovax.gif treehugger.gif

User Tag List