gnome songs/verses/fingerplays/games appropriate for toddlers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is turning three in November and I'm trying to prepare for his birthday party.  It will be a small party (probably three other three year olds).  He has decided he wants a gnome birthday, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any simple songs, verses, fingerplays, or games that would be easy enough to do with toddlers.  

I'd like to do a small (hopefully gnome-themed) circle as a part of the party.  DS is obsessed with the songs and verses he's learning at our Waldorf parent-child class right now so I think he would really enjoy it.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 12:53 PM

There are a few gnome verses in the Wynstones Press book Autumn. The book also has other good seasonal verses, songs, etc., and an example of an Autumn circle time (which they call a "ring game"). Have fun! I'm sure your DS's birthday celebration will be lovely.

Mama to DD (7) and DS (1). gd.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpgcd.gifnocirc.gif  bftoddler.gif

Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM

Imo each page from Peter William Butterblow can stand alone. Maybe somehing can be cobbled from there. It'd be sweet to play through that kitchen one and use it to lead into food.

Or you may be able to substitute "gnome" for another word in a fingerplay...like the two birds, one named jack, one named Jill. Fly away jack, fly away Jill. Come back jack, come back Jill. They could be two little gnomes. You hold up your pointer fingers to be jack or Jill. They tuck behind the back one at a time to fly away and then come back infront for the "come back" part.

I'm curious to hear what you come up with, if you have time. Sweet idea!

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh

User Tag List