Keep kids happy with pregnant mom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-21-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi, 

I already posted in the parenting forum, but thought that I might get some good ideas here, too!

I am pregnant (32 weeks) and not very well, therefor I need to keep my kids busy without me doing a lot and being able to lift my legs up a bit. The kids used to be very screen reduced, they were allowed one tv show for about 30 min per week. Now, in my situation, they have significantly more screen time, playing "educational" games and watching one show per day. I don´t think that this is really ideal, but I don´t really know what to do with them otherwise. 

Especially my three year old is very, very active, bouncing around like ... well ... a three year old love.gif, screen time keeps him glued to the screen, afterwards he is not very well behaved and not very balanced though. 

I am not very creative at the moment, even story reading is difficult, as I cannot breath that well. (I have a severe cold at the moment, on top of everything) I do read some stories though. 

Any suggestions? What did you do in my situation? 

(There is noone of family or friends able to cover, at the moment, I do have help, but they are worthless with the kids, so I let them do household stuff...) 

thanks!

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-23-2011, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hugs, I'm 28 weeks preggo with only one 20 mo dd and just moved to a new community where i know no one...will be interested in ideas too.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#3 of 3 Old 10-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm in the same situation too. i'd love ideas and tips as well!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page