[pics] Waldorf Doll Falling apart... WWYD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone!  I bought DD a Waldorf Doll from an etsy seller (who had great reviews!) for her birthday last year- so Dec 2010.  This doll gets a lot of love, but she doesn't mistreat it or drag it around, she's very gentle with it. 

However, she's not in great shape.  Her body is starting to detach from her head (the body skin which is stitched to the head at the neck is coming undone).  Much of her hair has fallen out (we have kept a hat on her to try and keep it in but it hasn't really worked) and she has several holes in the knit skin fabric.  Right now I count 14 of them, and several more are starting.  They are on her head, torso, legs, and arms.  So everywhere.  Her arms are button jointed and are very loose, so close to falling off.  They are just hanging there.  Her stuffing is also balling up and looking lumpy.

We also have a doll from Nova and it is in way better shape than this one!

Should I contact the seller?  What should I say?  I feel like the quality and durability of the doll aren't up to par with what I paid for it not even a year ago!

WWYD?  My DD adores this doll and has been so.careful with her.

Photos:

Holes on the side of her head:
IMG_3273.jpg

Her torso separating from her head:
IMG_3275.jpg

Hole on her torso:
IMG_3276.jpg

Hole near her legs:
IMG_3277.jpg

Hole on her shoulder
IMG_3278.jpg

Loose arm:
IMG_3279.jpg

Holes on her face
IMG_3285.jpg

Lumps
IMG_3282.jpg

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#2 of 3 Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Why not contact the seller and share your concerns and see if she has any suggestions.  If nothing else, she may be intersted to know about how it has held up (or not).  Maybe it is an issue with her raw materials. 

For what it's worth, I've noticed that even the dolls that are used in the schools don't seem to have these issues, so something is probably amiss.  Good luck!

Babygirlsmama
#3 of 3 Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

I send a message to the seller yesterday with the pictures, and she wanted me to send the doll back for a refund or for a replacement.  Of course, I chose the replacement.  DD now thinks her doll will be going to the spa ;)  I hope that we will have her back in time for her birthday in late December so that they'll be able to wear their birthday crowns together again (trying to start a tradition, LOL!).

I asked the seller to just reuse her head and her wig cap to save her some time.. so all she'd really have to do is sew a new body, limbs and stuff.  And embroider the new face... but in my dollmaking experience, the making of the head is the longest part of the process!

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page